I cannot say anything at all about this hotel only its online booking system. Basically don't use it! I booked a room yesterday (Saturday 12 October 2013) using the online system. When I opened my e-mails today I found one from the hotel saying they were sorry I had cancelled my reservation. I sent an e-mail saying I had not cancelled and then telephoned the hotel, getting an answer on my second attempt. I was told that there had been only one room available and it had been snapped up just before I booked online and before the system had had time to update. They had tried to telephone me but I do not reply to "Withheld" numbers. As a result I am left without a room and with a bitter taste in my mouth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod docks, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Cafe Cassis provides excellent quality Scottish- French cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland