Based on the reviews, I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay expecting a high standard of cleanliness and service.
Overall, the hotel did not live up to expectations.
The room was very small. Single bed was sunken in the middle, and pillows were flat and hard.
Carpets were old and looked like they needed a good clean.Curtain had come off the rails.
Bathroom was tiny, and the shower made water go everywhere. Good thing I took my flip flops as as recommended by one reviewer.
Cassini restaurant downstairs was very over priced, and the staff had a snooty and stuck up attitude - for what reason, one does not know...
One redeeming factor about the hotel is its convenient location. Won't be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod docks, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Cafe Cassis provides excellent quality Scottish- French cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland