Perfect for the purpose of our weekend break, to visit our student son (8 mins walk away). Hotel very clean, rooms spacious with modernised ensuite & warm - tea, coffee & milk (and evening marshmallows) provided. Kevan & his staff are very friendly & helpful. Location is about 25 mins walk to Princess Street, 5 minutes walk to both Pollock Halls (main student accommadation) & one of the entrances' to Holyrood Park (lovely walk!). Local buses to Princess Street are very frequent (to save your legs!!), and cheap - best value is to buy a £3.50 all day ticket.
We would recommend the Reverie Bar/Restaurant and Positano Italian restaurant if you like informal wining & dining - these two establishments are within 2/3 minutes walk from the Salisbury Hotel.
If our son remains staying in the old town, we will definitely stay in this hotel again....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Salisbury Hotel is a restored Georgian Townhouse quietly located amidst walled gardens yet central for all main tourist attractions & the main bus route; 18 luxuriously appointed rooms, with i-pod docks, wi-fi, plasma tv, and en suite power-showers. Single, ground-floor, 4-poster, family and garden facing rooms available. Cafe Cassis provides excellent quality Scottish- French cuisine and the lounge area offers a selection of wines, beers and whiskies in relaxed surroundings. Expect contemporary style, period surroundings and great service. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Salisbury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh
- The Salisbury Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland