Paid £91 for one night. 4 Star rating (both AA and VisitScotland) so thought it was a safe bet. How wrong. Advertised Wi-Fi in rooms - signal was too week in room 3 to be of any use. TV also had a poor signal, so half of the chanels didn't work. The bathroom was tired looking (though at least there was hot water). The real cruncher came with the noise from neighbouring rooms. Its not like people next door were talking loudly - you could actually hear them walking about the room! Walls must be paper thin. 4am when the neighbour started snoring really finished things off. I am not precious - but when you pay that kind of money at least a decent sleep without feeling like you are sharing it with your neighbours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short walk from Murrayfield Stadium and Edinburgh Zoo, The Edinburgh Lodge offers free private parking and a peaceful garden, with 4 AA stars and a 5 Diamond Award. All of the spacious rooms feature LCD TVs. Rooms also have an en suite bathroom with free toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and free Wi-Fi access. Edinburgh Lodge is a family-run guest house, with a cosy lounge and small bar, which has a LCD TV. Cooked breakfasts are served in the traditional dining room, and there are a number of restaurants within walking distance. Accessible from West Coates Road, and just a 20-minute walk from Princes Street, Edinburgh Lodge Guest House is 1.5 miles from Edinburgh Castle. Haymarket Rail Station is a 5-minute walk away, and the airport shuttle bus stops just outside the guest house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Edinburgh Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- The Edinburgh Lodge Scotland