“Great find!”

Cafe Cassis
Price range: US$12 - US$33
Cuisines: French, Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Cassis is an exciting family orientated bistro with a fantastic enclosed garden to the rear of the restaurant.Alison &Denis welcome you to Cafe Cassis where you can enjoy fantastic food in a friendly and relaxing surroundings. The menu at Cafe Cassis is varied with a French influence and offers food made from the best locally sourced ingredients,guaranteed to tempt and stimulate your taste buds. Join us for lunch, evening meal, Afternoon Tea or just a coffee which you can enjoy in our relaxed seating area or outside in the garden.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This bistro had the most amazing food. Husband had the escargots as a starter and that was delicious. Daughter had the tomato and herb soup - wonderful as well. For entrees, I had the duck, husband had the steak, and daughter had the risotto. All excellent, with the steak edging out the other two entrees by a bit. We loved it here, and the service was attentive and friendly.
Only minor thing is that the restaurant is downstairs of the hotel, so it gives it kind of a basemen feel in terms of ambiance. However, go for the tasty food and the friendly service - both of which are stellar!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We ate here a few weeks ago. As other reviews have said - friendly, welcoming staff and fantastic food. Definitely recommend coming here; lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Excellent food, very nice people. Had a hard time deciding what to eat as there were many appealing options despite a quite short menu. We had 3 courses, and they were all superb. Very close to Pollock halls and almost opposite the synagogue. Well worth making an effort to go there.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. The food was delicious and the welcome was wonderful. Not to be missed when you are in Edinburgh,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It was my birthday treat tonight. My wife asked me where I wanted to go for the special occasion and after listening a lot of good reports/ comments about the Cafe Cassis and being French myself, I thought it would be a good opportunity to experiment this place. And thanks god, I haven't been disappointed and opposite to it, we both my wife and I loved it. From a great french welcome, nice family service with the mother and daughter last but not least: fantastic food quality. Superb presentation to fresh product quality and we could taste the chef passion in the plate. The chef also came to the room to get some feedback and interacted with the guests. We will definitely recommend to everyone to try this great French journey and as far as we are concerned we will definitely be back very soon. Thank you

1  Thank Will1415