“The best restaurant in Edinburgh!”
Review of The Honours

The Honours
Ranked #128 of 2,570 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely atmosphere, building and background music. Impeccable service and exquisite food! Couldn't fault it! Well worth it!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The food was fine but nothing special. The service was slow, and they need more attention to detail. They forgot one of our items, and they were confused as to who ordered what. We ordered one order of fries, but the server was just certain we didn't know how much to order so she added a second order of fries. We only ate one.

We were seated in the back room near the kitchen so we kept hearing the kitchen staff yell which isn't conducive to a nice evening meal.

When I made reservations, they were very clear that we had to be out by 9PM from our 7PM reservation. We would have been out faster if the servers paid attention. We even had trouble trying to get their attention to pay the bill.

1  Thank LibbyH1
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Second visit to The Honours and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great choice of non alcoholic drinks, not just the usual you get in other places. Steaks were excellent and the pomme purée was to die for. Service was excellent without being over the top. We thought it was good value for money - you get what you pay for and this was excellent.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a wonderful family meal here on a Friday night to celebrate an 18th birthday. Our drinks were served with panache in the bar before we went to the table. The starters were small but just right and the mains absolutely delicious ( the lamb melted in the mouth). The desserts were beautiful and the service was very friendly. I enjoyed the meal as much as what is served in the starred sister restaurant but the prices were more reasonable. This is definitely the place to choose for a special meal.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was our second visit to Honours, this time to celebrate my wifes birthday but sadly it was not as memorable as the first visit. I chose the three scallop starter which on the menu was served with broad bean puree and black pudding. My scallops were a shade overdone and they tasted as though they had been sitting for a short time, perhaps waiting for my wifes starter to be ready. Anyhow, a little bit chewy. They also looked as if they had been three larger scallops cut in half as they were quite thin. At the time I also wondered what the dressing was on top but having rechecked the menu decided that this was the black pudding! Sorry but for £14.50 I expect full sized scallops and black pudding I can taste!. That said my steak main course was to die for and certainly one of the best I can remember.Staff were very attentive, although we got the feeling that they were quite keen to get our table back for the next sitting. It wont put us off going back but there is big choice in the city.