“Brilliant food and staff!”
Review of Strada - CLOSED

Strada
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Princes Street and Gardens
Workington, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food and staff!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Strada during our visit to Edinburgh. Didn't have a table booked but after a very short wait we were seated. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, they gave us time to decide what we wanted to eat and came over to us as soon as they seen we had decided. They gave us plenty of time between courses and the food was excellent, my only slight complaint was one of the mussels in my seafood pasta dish wasn't opened but there were plenty more to make up for it. Would definitely go back and would highly recommend to anyone who loves high quality Italian food at a reasonable price

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Brilliant food, friendly staff & amazing tiramisu”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. Our server, Elaine, was very sweet and efficient. Good Starters to try: Ravioli fritti, Pesto pomodero, Funghi alforno. Main course must try: Spinach cheese ravioli, Risotto pollo pomodero. Pizza was just average.

Do not miss the Tiramisu. Not sure about the drinks. We just ordered mojito which wasn't as good as the food.

We visited again next evening. Super friendly staff. The Manager, Colin also acknowledged our second visit in 2 days and really took care of us.

Troon, United Kingdom
“I'd go back, but would probably a different dish.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After a long day exploring Edinburgh, I headed to Strada for some dinner. I was shown to a table quickly by a friendly waiter and was given a menu. After taking time to look over the menu, I decided to opt for a main course and desert.

For main course I chose a Margherita Pizza. It came not long after ordering and was well sized in terms of portion size, but I felt the topping could have a little more richness from the tomatoes and flavour from the cheese. The crust unfortunately tasted a little burnt. The Chocolate Fondant and Ice Cream was delicious.

On a more positive note, the service was very good, with all the waiting staff serving me with a smile and not leaving me waiting long between courses. The location is great, and there was a fantastic atmosphere with the festival going on, so I would revisit but I would try something different.

• Visited August 2014
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal and service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My first trip to Edinburgh and on the Saturday evening we ate at strada in castle street. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was great. The lamb shank and sea bass were both sublime and the chocolate fondant with ice cream was delicious. Lovely setting, sitting under the canopy in the rain looking up at the castle. We will be back.

• Visited July 2014
Perth, Australia
“Fresh and flavoursome”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The food here is top quality. We had the pescatora and it was the nicest seafood we've had on our trip here to the UK.
Service was great too, the staff were friendly and very attentive.
Overall a very nice dinning experience.

• Visited July 2014