“Unusual”
Review of Chop Chop - CLOSED

Chop Chop
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: I am attempting to do a review of the Leith branch of this restaurant, but I can only find an entry for the Morrison Street premises. It looks like at least some of the reviews on the Morrison Street entry are actually intended to be about the Leith restaurant.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Unusual”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We came here for my birthday with a Groupon voucher for a banquet. As two of us don't eat meat, we had the vegetarian banquet. The foot was varied and very different to usual Chinese restaurant food. They provided tofu dishes and most of the dishes were very spicy. If you wanted any more of anything you just had to ask (at no extra cost).

I may have enjoyed it more but it was a hot evening, we were seated in the conservatory front and the food was rather too spicy at times. I know otter people who have loved it here.

• Visited July 2013

“Fine if you'll eat anything ”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to give chop chop another go after we wrote an average review last time. The manager had made a comment saying that we were mistaken and that there were plenty of vegetarian options available and that we were probably just not told about them.

It's a shame because all I was offered for a 'banquet' was veg dumplings, abergines and potatoes with prawn crackers. I think this is poor for a banquet! When I queried this I was brought another dish without being shown the menu then charged for this dish at the end.

The waiters were slow and didn't check on us once, we had to wave to get attention.

I definitely wouldn't go back, I gave this place another chance on the idea that id maybe made a mistake last time. Don't bother going!!!

3 Thank Berryhollie
London, United Kingdom
“The best Chinese meal ever”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Not had a Chinese meal for years, so fed up with the normal type of restaurant, but this was just the best, Tasty fresh food, no glup,Service very friendly, cant wait for them to open in London,

Visited May 2014
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Great dumplings and very child-friendly”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our favourite Chinese restaurant in Scotland. The banquet is great value especially if you have a large party. The restaurant is very child-friendly and the free dumplings for children is a great touch. Sign up for their free loyalty card and you get a discount. I only wish they would open a branch closer to St Andrews!

• Visited April 2014
“Waited 30 min to reorder”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We got the UNLIMTED banquet for 2. At first all the dishes came quite fast then we waited 30+ mins to reorder. When we did reorder the dishes came out 15mins apart. So it was like being drip fed Chinese and not being able to make a full meal out of it. I will not be back.

• Visited May 2014