“Great place for drinks”

Cuisines: Scottish, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I really like how this bar has such great atmosphere at the weekends great place for cocktails! However it is a bit small and can become really cramped.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Had a table booked for 8.30pm for me and a friend for dinner. From the moment we walked in we were completely rushed. A young waiter showed us to our table and said we needed to order drinks and food instantly as the kitchen was going to shut in 15 minutes. We didn't know this as the website doesn't state that at all, otherwise we would have booked an earlier table. After being pestered about 3 times for our orders and them being made, we asked if we would still be able to have dessert and he said only if we order them at that moment. So that basically the chefs could make it and then go home. We got our mains which were tasty but all of the food was slightly dry, I saw another waiter start to bring our dessert over to our table then saw we were eating mains and tried to subtly put them back in the kitchen without us seeing - so obviously they were sat there whilst we had our mains. The attitude of all the staff members is pretty poor and unhelpful, but the chocolate fondue for pudding was very good and the cocktails are nice - although I didn't even get a chance to read the menu properly and pick one I haven't had before as we were so rushed by the waiter!

We had a few drinks after our dinner which were pricey. The atmosphere is definitely more of a lively bar rather than a relaxing restaurant so in future I would just come to candy bar for drinks rather than food

No reflection on candy bar itself but we also had a table full of men behind us shouting and throwing menus at us to try and catch our attention which was very off-putting when all we wanted to do was enjoy our evening.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times now, always for their £5 and under menu, but I've realised now £5 or not the service is so bad it's honestly not worth it. Like I said you can't fault burgers, fondue or anything else for under 5 quid but when you wait over an hour and the order is still wrong and the staff are nowhere to be seen and genuinely have an 'I don't care it's not my problem attitude' I'd rather go else where. The cocktails are decent though but I won't be back.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great valuve for money on food. Often have good deals on throughout the week. Very busy at weekend's always wise to book in advance to save disappointment.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Staff friendly enough but... two vegetarian option, chick pea burger which they did'nt have any of and vegetarain fajita. The fajita essentially consisted of a large plate of fried onions with two wraps and a small amount of cheese, salsa, guacamole, cream. Not very good.