“Edinburgh Photography Tour - June 2014”

James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited
Ranked #4 of 202 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Established in 2010, Edinburgh Photography Tours is the number one ranked photography tour in Edinburgh, all of Scotland and the number one ranked photography tour in Europe. James Christie is a world renowned and internationally published, professional photographer and he will take you on a four hour walking / photography tour around all the major attractions in Edinburgh's vibrant and famous historic Old Town. Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited were accredited with an "excellent standard" grading by Visit Scotland, Scotland's national tourist board. In addition we have were awarded TripAdvisor's prestigious Certificate Of Excellence for the year 2015, our fourth year in a row winning this award. We are also ranked as number one of all tours in Edinburgh by USA today. James Christie has established himself as one of the leading photographic instructors in the world with plaudits from all over the globe. As a native of Edinburgh, James will provide an historical account of each attraction visited. His goal is to help you get the best from your camera (SLR, DSLR, Bridge, Compact, even your smart-phone) and show you how to compose professional and memorable shots of Edinburgh. If your camera has the ability to shoot in manual mode, James is confident that after this tour, you will never go back to any of the programmable modes ever again. James shows you how to take each photograph and reviews each shot and guarantees that each participant will take home stunning photographs of Edinburgh that can be displayed and enjoyed for many years to come. The tours are aimed at all levels of photographer, from absolute beginner to experienced professional. James does not use confusing jargon, preferring to explain things in a simple to understand manner. James is friendly, patient, polite and encouraging. Edinburgh Photography Tours were established in 2010, the first photography tour of its kind anywhere in the world. We work very hard to ensure our clients have a first class experience on our tours and we continue to strive for excellence every day. The tours start at 10 am daily (Monday - Sunday) and last approximately 4 to 5 hours.The cost of the tour is £75 (with a maximum of 10 participants per tour) or a four-hour private tour can be booked for £500 (Please e-mail James for further details). Please note: Our Tours always go ahead whether we have one person booked or the maximum of ten people. Tours start in front of the National Monument on Calton Hill at the east end of Princes Street, access can be gained from Waterloo Place and you will always be tutored by James Christie.
Okanogan, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Edinburgh Photography Tour - June 2014”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Before I started the photo tour with James, I never took my camera off of the automatic settings. I am definitely a beginner photographer. Our tour started on the top of Calton Hill in Edinburgh where I learned how to take photos of the National Monument. We walked down the hill with stops at several other monuments, historical buildings, the Royal Mile Rd.and even stopped in a park to learned how to play with abstract photography. James was very patient and willing to advise me as often as necessary. Not only did we get a photography tour, but also had the pleasure of Jame's vast knowledge of the history of Edinburgh. Best tour ever!

I would highly recommend this tour to everyone. It was awesome!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Debbie M

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic 4 hour one to one lesson”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On Sunday 20th July 2014 I had a wonderful 4hr one to one session with James in Edinburgh. What a fantastic 4 hrs. James is a kind and meticulous teacher who is able to break things down to a digestable format for anyone to learn and enjoy photography, he has a unique way of enabling you to be very confident using your camera in manual mode. You will definitely come away with two things the knowledge and confidence to use your camera more creatively and you'll also learn some very interesting tricks.

I would highly recommend taking up James' one to one lesson or even his tour as I am sure you can get just as much out of that too. I am likely to do the tour with my fiancé so that she can enjoy what I have :-)

2 Thank itgit
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour - even for locals”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Really enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about my camera and even about the city I live in. Feel way more confident using manual mode and learned so much about composition!

1 Thank Euan M
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must-do while in Edinburgh.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I met James for the tour 2 hours after we landed in Edinburgh. We were a little worried about jet lag, but those worries soon subsided because James is such an engaging guide/instructor. Neither of us have much experience with photography - I had not taken a single picture with my fancy DSLR and my husband was rocking our old point and shoot. After 4 hours with James, we both feel much more confident in our photography skills! James does a masterful job in explaining the key variables when using the DSLR and had me on manual from the get-go! I never felt overwhelmed by the camera as James was always there to offer guidance as we worked our way through Old Town. James also worked wonders with my husband on the point and click - you definitely do not need a DSLR to benefit from the tour! We very highly recommend this tour, especially if you can fit it in during the beginning of your trip. You will have amazing pictures of Edinburgh and better photography skills to boot. It is money very well spent!

1 Thank ccc1183
Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Most useful tour I have ever taken”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was lucky enough to be the only person who booked for the day. I learned so much. I had a new camera I was learning to use and James was very helpful. He demonstrated the skills on his camera and I tried to duplicate on mine. We covered several miles as we went to his favorite spots. I learned a lot of history as well and can't wait to return to Edinburgh. This is a day with a real professional and worth the time and money.

Visited July 2014

Travellers who viewed James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited also viewed

Edinburgh, Scotland

Been to James Christie Photography - Edinburgh Photography Tours Limited? Share your experiences!