Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Book In Advance
Tours from The Scottish Photography Experience tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$22.34
More Info
from US$18.73
More Info
All reviews photography tour james christie manual mode manual settings great shots great teacher professional photographer shutter speed james's tour complete novice learning how learned how his knowledge budding photographers learn how four hours taking photos
Reviewed 11 August 2018

This walking tour covered the Royal Mile, and then some. Not only did we see all the highlights you would expect, James showed us how to get the best perspectives and unique views. This is especially challenging when the streets of Edinburgh are full of people for the festival. But you would never know it from our photos, as James knows the best spots to get great photos with minimal distractions.

Great explanations of photography without a lot of jargon, and expert help in learning how to use your camera, no matter how simple or complex it is. Great photos to remember the trip with, and knowledge to continue taking better photos for as long as I have a camera in my hand.

James is knowledgeable, easily relatable, and entertaining. I can’t think of a better use of 4-5 hours.

Date of experience: August 2018
3  Thank Corine S
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Well worth your time to not only learn about Edinburgh, but to learn so much about photography from a true professional. I have taken several workshops and classes before, but no one has taught me as much as James in the day we had together. It’s a true testament to his expertise that we had as much fun as we did given our day was full of rain. And I mean a lot of rain! Still ... we didn’t want our time to end.

3  Thank A S
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Absolutely fantastic tour. Had a very small group of 6, and James was very good at helping us get the best photo we could out of our cameras (even with very limited photography experience). Was such a unique way to see parts of Edinburgh that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Highly reccommend to any aspiring ametuer photographers that want the best out of their touristy pics. Looking forward to putting what I learnt into practice!!

Date of experience: August 2018
3  Thank KathrynBelle323
Reviewed 4 August 2018

James picked us up promptly from our cruise ship and took us on a 12 hour tour! I truly believe that we saw everything that this area of Scotland has to offer. James was very informative and enthusiastic and he definitely showed us his love for the area. The scenery for picture taking were breathtaking! If you only have one day or one week, James is the perfect person!

3  Thank mpt12
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We are home from our trip to the UK and one of our highlights was James Christie's photo tour. We would strongly recommend this tour. We chose to do the tour at the beginning of our trip and were able to use what we learned for the rest of the vacation. We especially liked the approach James took when helping us with our photography; it was very practical and made a lot of sense to us. James was very easy to talk with and related well to all generations; I was traveling with my daughter and we both equally enjoyed our time with him. James was very informed about the city and we enjoyed learning about the city and its history as we walked with him.

3  Thank anne l