“Revisited and pleasantly surprised”
Review of EH15

EH15
Ranked #940 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: eh15 is a training restaurant run by students in the kitchen and front of house. The level of service and cuisine have standards as high as any top restaurant in Edinburgh. Booking is a must for this highly recommend rooftop restaurant.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Revisited and pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Gave this restaurant another try and found it had improved greatly. Service was good and portion sizes were also good. A big difference from my last visit.
We had 3 very good courses. All very tasty and presented well. I had salmon quiche , which was very light. Followed by very tender duck . The home made sticky toffee pudding was delicious. We really enjoyed all our courses. The chef did a great job.
The price for wine is really cheap at 2.25 a glass.
The only minus with this restaurant is that it does lack a bit of atmosphere.
I will definitely be back.
5 pm have a good offer for this restaurant at the moment 3 courses plus a glass of wine for 2 people only £25.

• Visited November 2013

“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Awful service and very small portions. We were not asked if we wanted drinks and water was not left on the table. One of our main courses was totally inedible, yet the waiter never enquired why. Told him discreetly to tell the chef, yet when our bill came (well over £100) this meal was still on the bill. It was taken off, but we will not visit again. They need to review their waiting skills and increase their portions if they want people to return.

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food great service great price”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The title says it all really.

Me and my partner had a meal here a couple of months ago, the food was excellent, we had great service as well.

Couldnt fault anything with the place. Try it for yourself it is worth it.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Nikkid3
Edinburgh
“What's happened?”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was not our first visit but sadly we won't be returning. The excellent table service was not matched by the food. We both ordered the starter special of chicken coujons with sweet chilli dip. Both portions arrived blackened by being fried in oil that was too hot which resulted in the chicken losing all moisture, the lettuce served with it was brown and wilted I sent mine back but my husband didn't want to make a fuss so ate it. I was offered another starter but chose not to wait for a replacement to be made, and opted for a sweet instead. Our main was Shepherd's Pie. To be fair it was piping hot and looked really nice, but it had no taste and no gravy so it felt like eating dry hamburger, the topping was sweet potato I think. I had expected traditional white potato. Unluckily for my husband the lamb mince was full of peas which he hates. My sweet of Bakewell tart and ice cream was nice but my husbands cheese and biscuit selection was exceptional. So well done for that. I realise these student chefs are in training and don't deserve too harsh a criticism for trying their best but the indigestion I left with and a bill of nearly £40 including wine was sore to bear.

• Visited June 2013
“Poor service”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

After visiting the restaurant previously we had no qualms about visiting again as the service and food have been fab. This time however the service was awful we were offered drinks at the bar as we were a bit early then once our table was ready we were offered water and that was it for an hour an a half we asked for drinks and waited and waited. Eventually we had to go to the bar to ask again but when the came we were finished our meal which was a struggle without drinks, we actually shared the only glass of water we had! There was around 7 other diners in so there really was no excuse. Great food again but due to the poor service it really has put us off visiting again. A feedback form will be posted to Eh15 let's hope they act on it as its such a nice venue.

• Visited May 2013