“Great company, fantastic food, amazing city.”
Review of Eat Walk Edinburgh

Eat Walk Edinburgh
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79.04*
and up
Canongate Brunch tour (Lower half of the Royal...
Ranked #8 of 41 Food & Drink in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Eat walk Edinburgh offer two Food walking tours. One explores Edinburgh's Old & New towns and the other the lower half of the Royal Mile called the Canongate. On each of these tours you will visit unusual/hidden restaurants, bars and shops. There will be five food tastings and three drink tastings on the tour. The guide will talk about the history of the area as you walk between venues. The Old & new Town tour (1pm-4.30pm) which has five food stops with a Edinburgh Raspberry Gin, Scottish beer and a single cask malt whisky tasting ensuring you will not need to worry about dinner in the evening. The Canongate tour (10am-1pm) enjoys six stops including a Bloody Mary cocktail and breakfast canapes to get the tour off and running. By the end there will be no need for lunch. The Old & New town tour was recommended in BBC Good Food Magazine as a "Don't miss" thing to do in Edinburgh. Delicious magazine also has it down as a must do.
Reviewed 4 June 2015

We absolutely loved our food tour with Eat Walk Edinburgh. As a foodie, it was the tour I was most looking forward to and it certainly didn't disappoint. We were taken to places we never would have chosen ourselves and they turned out to have really great tasting food and drinks! I can't actually think of one thing I didn't like. I also particularly enjoyed the walking tour and learning more about Edinburgh along the way. The tour guide was great and the others on our tour guide were so much fun that we stayed and had a few drinks with them after the tour ended. Definitely recommend this tour. The price seemed a bit steep when we were booking but it was definitely worth it and was one of my highlights of our trip to Edinburgh!

ATChalmers, Owner at Eat Walk Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to write a review glad you enjoyed the tour and all the food tastings provided.

All reviews
"black pudding"
in 10 reviews
"great tour"
in 59 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 29 reviews
in 19 reviews
"small group"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 3 June 2015

Very informative and a great way to experience all types of traditional Edinburgh food! Even had a few drinks with the group at the end of the tour.

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to write a review it is greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the tour and that when the tour finsihed with the people you had met on the tour stayed on for a drink.

Reviewed 30 May 2015

We did the Old/New town tour on our first evening in April. The weather was on our side ! Brilliant & enjoyable tour with lovely food & drinks + it helped us get our bearings for the rest of our stay. We had stated that 1 of our group was vegetarian on booking - unfortunately, Hotel du Vin had completely overlooked this & last minute produced a few salad leaves & pieces of beetroot (very disappointing!). Sticking on the veggie theme. Le di Vin do lovely continental meats & cheeses. Of course the cheese element of this was fine for my son but he felt very conscious of not getting stuck into the cheese because the meat eaters in the group would of course also like some cheese, in addition to the meat selection. Might have been nice if he'd been given a separate helping of what he was able to have, so as not to feel self conscious of depriving anyone else of their share. In the event there was plenty but that will depend on the group. The Scottish Malt Whisky Society & Crafters Barn made the best effort for veggies. This is not taking away from the overall experience, which we all enjoyed. I particularly liked the Haggis/Neeps & Tatties at the Whisky Society - thought that I was a none whisky lover but the tasting experience there has changed my view ! The dessert at the Ghillie Dhu was delicious & generous, by which time I think most of us were pretty full & struggling but hey, it's got to be done ! Julie, our guide was smashing. In fact, we enjoyed the evening so much that I have booked a similar thing in Rome - just hope it will be as pleasant as the Edinburgh one !

2  Thank Wiloggs
ATChalmers, Owner at Eat Walk Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Hi

Thanks fro writing a lovely review I am glad you enjoyed the tour.

We write to venues in advance about dietary requiremtns for each tour. But will from now on re check the booking as we arrive at each stop to ensure proper dishes are served. Including seperate a cheese plate for vegetarians.

Reviewed 28 May 2015

My wife and I did this tour in April. The food was top notch and included all of the best Scottish dishes. The whiskies and wine were an added touch. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly. Overall a great night out in Edinburgh.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review it is greatly appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed the food and drink selections we made for you.