“Very entertaining sampling of Edinburgh fare”
Review of Eat Walk Edinburgh

Eat Walk Edinburgh
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79.04*
and up
Canongate Brunch tour (Lower half of the Royal...
Ranked #8 of 41 Food & Drink in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Eat walk Edinburgh offer two Food walking tours. One explores Edinburgh's Old & New towns and the other the lower half of the Royal Mile called the Canongate. On each of these tours you will visit unusual/hidden restaurants, bars and shops. There will be five food tastings and three drink tastings on the tour. The guide will talk about the history of the area as you walk between venues. The Old & new Town tour (1pm-4.30pm) which has five food stops with a Edinburgh Raspberry Gin, Scottish beer and a single cask malt whisky tasting ensuring you will not need to worry about dinner in the evening. The Canongate tour (10am-1pm) enjoys six stops including a Bloody Mary cocktail and breakfast canapes to get the tour off and running. By the end there will be no need for lunch. The Old & New town tour was recommended in BBC Good Food Magazine as a "Don't miss" thing to do in Edinburgh. Delicious magazine also has it down as a must do.
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Alan is very knowledgeable and entertaining! He guided us through several of Edinburgh food gems. A bit of everything for even picky eaters. We went back to a couple of spots to enjoy the full menu. A great way to start your trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
ATChalmers, Owner at Eat Walk Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Thanks for reviewing our tour

It's great to hear that you enjoyed the food so much you went back for more, I'm sure the restaurants appreciated your visit. I lot of people find it's a good tour to do at the start of their holiday.

All reviews
"black pudding"
in 10 reviews
"great tour"
in 59 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 29 reviews
in 19 reviews
"small group"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We always try to do a food tour in the cities we travel, so that we can get a real feel for the city, their culture, and expand our knowledge of places that locals go to feed their souls. Ian, our guide, was terrific. Interesting stories about the the places we visited and the neighborhoods surrounding them, the specific foods and their preparation, and he tempted us to try some foods that none of us on the tour had eaten before (or thought we ever would!). We stopped in five places. Each stop was ready for us, had good service, and the selections were tasty and interesting. Our tour lasted a little more than 4 hours, so make sure you have plenty of time to enjoy yourself!

ATChalmers, Owner at Eat Walk Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2016

Thank you for doing a review of our tour

Glad to hear that you tried some different foods on the tour and that Ian gave you lots of interesting stories about Edinburgh. We'll be sure to let him know how much you enjoyed his tour.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I did this tour by myself as my son was ill on the day. I was a bit apprehensive going on my own but shouldn't have been. The rest of the group on the tour welcomed me together with our guide and off we set. We visited so many places and tasted lots of lovely food and drink, and saw plenty of sights that I'm sure I wouldn't have seen had I been walking around on my own. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who wants to do something different.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

We really appreciate you taking the time to do a review of our tour

It's great that you felt welcomed into the group especially as you were on your own. I'm glad you enjoyed the variety of restaurants and that you found some new places to visit.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Bought this trip as an Xmas present fro my wife, and we both really enjoyed seeing the sights of Canongate and finding lots of new places to eat in the city we now call home. Well organised, well delivered and well worth it

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for taking the time to do a review of our tour

We're glad you enjoyed the Canongate tour and found some new places to eat and that you appreciated our professional approach.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 September 2016

In my opinion, the best way to explore the city - specially if you're a foodie!
It was my first time in Edinburgh, I didn't have a lot of time and I wanted to try some local delicatessen so this was perfect for my needs!
There's 5 stops around town in different types of restaurants but also there's a very prepared guide that will take you from one place to the other giving you insights on the areas/buildings. It's also great that they give you a headset to hear what the guide is saying when walking through town.
I would definitely recommend this tour!

ATChalmers, Owner at Eat Walk Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

We are grateful for you taking the time to do a review

It's great to hear that you enjoyed the tour and that you appreciated the chance to try some local restaurants. It's helpful that you mentioned the headsets as they ensure that you hear the knowledge the guide shares with you as you walk around the streets.