“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #112 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here with my partner for one night on Saturday 31st May. The room was clean, staff were very friendly and funny. We had dinner at night and it was very nice and the drinks were not the most expensive I have ever had. Bed was comfy enough, good TV channels. No problems whatsoever. Would visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Robsthomson, General Manager at Links Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Clean and friendly I am sure is at the top of many of our guests priorities and I am pleased that we delivered on both counts - with a touch of humour thrown in!

I look forward to welcoming you back in due course.

Best wishes

Robin Thomson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I hadn't stayed here for over 10 years and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the Links was this time. It was always nice but I have to say that both Bowral generally and Links House were better than ever.
The rooms aren't opulent, rather quaint and homely in the nicest way. Our room wasn't large but it was comfy and nice and we wouldn't want better.
Breakfast was great in the morning and it's worth a walk up the street to check out the lovely homes that border the golf course.
Everyone at Links was friendly, and as were were arriving late the nice lady (can't remember her name) booked us into a great little French restaurant ("onestra" or something like that), as we wanted to eat before arriving at the hotel.
If you like quality-quaint highland beauty then you will like this place but it's SO nice that it is a waste (in my opinion) not to have a look around the place, and the surrounding neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Get there early if you can and enjoy the Links House sitting room and the surrounding area
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Robsthomson, Manager at Links Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Bruntsfield itself is indeed blessed with a timeless beauty and we are so lucky to have the wonderful parkland on our doorstep. We on the other hand have progressed and our renovations have brought the rooms to a standard that we feel surpasses expectations on so many levels. I am delighted that we did not disappointed you and hope it is not another 10 years before you return!

With best wishes,

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Staying in the area for work week this was ideal. No parking.... But that was not an issue for us. Spacious room ver clean and comfortable. Really quiet... No traffic noise.
Bar food was good, with varied choice.
Would return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. First and foremost we endeavour to get the basics right so it is always gratifying to have this acknowledged. On street parking in many areas in Edinburgh can be awful but we are fortunate that pay and display spaces are plentiful and reasonably priced in comparison to other central hotels.

We look forward to seeing you return,

Kind regards

Robin
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We spent a week from april 29th to may 06th 2014 in Links Hotel. We stayed in room 104 which was very spacious, very modern and clean. I should mention the towel warmer in the bathroom, never worked, I commented to one of the girls staff, but nobody repaired it during our stay. The hair dryer is a bit hidden in a trap door on the desktop wich is below the tv, and only cold air works. Regardless these two anecdotes, nothing stopped us enjoying our stay at the hotel. The bed was huge and very comfortable! There was an iron, and tea or coffe amenities and biscuits in the room. About the restaurant, I must say the food is exquisite, I suggest to taste the Yesterday's soup, The Deli Board, Shin Beef Stew, Steak sandwich, Caesar salad and the Gourmet burger that is delicious! All staff at the bar and restaurant were very friendly, helpful and always caring about us. I would like to make a special mention to Chris Ferguson to thanks us the good looking of our room, we have only done what we would do at home. Thanks for everything and we hope to see you soon. Luz Clemente

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. As I have only been recently appointed as the new General Manager I must apologise for the lengthy response time. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and the details which were not quite to standard provide invaluable detail for me to work on areas of improvement.

With best wishes

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The official pictures of the hotel show nice and spacious rooms, decorated with taste. This might be the case (our room was very large and cozy), but don't let it fool you: the bathroom, although newly renovated, was full of molds. The headboard of the bed, made of tissue, was so dusty it had probably never been vacuumed and there were unidentified substances on the floor. Furthermore, the place was noisy (could hear every word from the neighboors, every door opening and closing, loud music from the bar downstairs at night). Great location in front of the park, but not worth it at all.

• Stayed May 2014

Having looked at many areas of feedback from prior to my arrival it is very rare indeed for the cleanliness of the property to be raised as an issue. Indeed, I stayed prior to my official start with the company as a 'mystery guest' and was delighted with the standard of housekeeping. That said, there were clearly issues which were evident during your stay and feedback of this nature provides me with valuable detail to ensure any such areas are improved consistently.

With best wishes

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed here in December as a birthday treat for my boyfriend. The staff were lovely, we had a hearty breakfast with haggis of course! I fell in love with the room, I want to decorate mine the same - LOVE the peacock curtains. The hotel bar was lovely with live music, we got rather tiddly on the whiskey. About a 20 minute walk into town, all in all a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed for a Night in December and the room was fairly modern, clean and very spacious. Beds were comfy and I enjoyed a good nights sleep. It is great value for money. It is also a good location and within walking distance to the main city centre itself. The staff we come across were also very helpful. Overall we had a good experience and would happily stay here again on my return to Edinburgh.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple