I stay here a couple of times a year with my husband and 12-year old daughter and we all love it!
The staff are very friendly and welcoming especially Hamish who greets you each morning for breakfast - and what a breakfast it is too. There is a wide variety of food and drink that would satisfy even the fussiest of eaters.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, with all the basics that you need - towels, toiletries, tea tray etc. They can even provide (lend/sell) you anything that you have forgotten e.g. iPod charger; mobile phone chargers; toothbrushes etc.
Apart from breakfast we have only eaten in the hotel once, for their evening carvery. This was very tasty and great value - my only complaint (if you could call it that) was that the drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, are a bit on the pricey side. Having said that the hotel are happy to provide glasses and ice buckets for bottles of wine/champagne and/or soft drinks that you may have in your room.
Edinburgh zoo is right next door and the frequent buses taking you into (and back from) the City Centre stop are immediately outside the hotel and with the single fares being £1.40 (adult) and £0.70 (Child) - you really can't go wrong! The staff are happy to give suggestions about the visitor attractions and will even tell you exactly what bus numbers will take you there.
I am already looking forward to my next trip to Edinburgh and can guarantee that we will be staying at this Holiday Inn (in preference to all the other Hotels, B&B's etc that Edinburgh has to offer)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland