Stayed here last weekend and I cannot only say this review will show that this hotel is a bit of a mixed bad.
Reception Staff one of the main positives of this Hotel.
Yes the Public Areas are nice and clean although some of the bar staff need to have some manners and common sense. There was a leaflet in our room saying that if you showed your Priority Club card at the bar you would receive 10% of your drinks. When I questioned this the young guy behind the bar said "That offer isn't running any more". I said "But it says it in the room". "Well it isn't running anymore". When I asked him why the leaflet was still in the room he just looked at me as if I had 4 heads!
This being a 4 start hotel you would expect at least a bed side table either side of the bed. Well, unless there was a magic button to press there wasn't in our room. This being a King Double Bedded Feature Room (when I queried about the "Feature" I was told that the "Feature" was the King Size Bed! - go figure that one out!). There were light switched behind the pillows as to squeeze the king size bed into the room they had to removed one of the bed side tables to accomodate it. So every time I put my hand behind my pillow or moved the pillow the lights kept going on/off. Also there was a zip not only down the middle of the bed but also down the middle of the thin duvet as well!
Don't enter the bathroom with a headache! The tiles are so 80's they make you dizzy and sick after a while.
Don’t even get me started on Sampans, the in-house Oriental Restaurant. What a waste of money. Bland food and not even a fortune cookie when paying the bill! (Go across the road. The Chinese there was so busy people were queuing to get in!).
I have a feeling we were put in this room as we only paid £20.12 per room per night using a Priority Club Offer. Maybe (hopefully) if we'd paid full price the room may not have been so depressing.
We were really looking forward to few nights away. I won't be rushing back lets put it that way.
The AA definitely need to revisit this Hotel and the 4 star rating it currently has.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland