Stayed here for a couple of nights and overall it was fine - the room quality was about what you'd expect from a Premier Inn, but with some additional touches, such as complimentary toiletries, 24hr room service, etc. If you're going to the zoo then the location is perfect, though be aware it's a bus ride to the town centre/castle/etc. unless you like a good walk - I think there's a complimentary bus service for hotel guests, though I didn't use it myself as I was driving. Things to watch for: the bathrooms are surprisingly small, though they're well enough appointed and the showers are fine. Also on the small side were the elevators - there's three of them, but any more than three people in one at the same time felt crowded, especially when people had suitcases as well.
I'd recommend trying the room service breakfast - it arrived on time and was hot, and tasty, which isn't always a given when I order room service breakfasts unfortunately. Biggest disappointment was Wi-Fi - it was something like £16 a day they wanted for access, so I didn't bother and just used 3G instead. Coverage was fine.
Despite that though I thought my stay provided good value for money and I would stay again if the location suited me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland