Expected better from this well known chain for a one night business stop.
On arrival, I was told I had been 'upgraded' - though I hadn't asked to be - but the room was pretty average really and the bathroom very small. If this was the upgraded one, I'm glad I didn't see the one I was meant to be in.
Wifi was chargeable (really?? These days?) expensive and slow, when I even managed to get in.
Room service food was really average, and expensive for what it was, plus the cheek of a £3 tray charge.
Felt rather insulted by the sign in the bathroom telling me that I would be charged if the bedroom carpet got flooded! If there is a problem with the bathroom, maybe they should fix that rather than shift the cost to the guests. Or politely rephrase the sign.
Parking is very tight...especially trying to get out past tour buses and taxis badly parked at the back entrance.
Not a great experience for a busy business traveller...but as they seemed to be full of tourist tours, then maybe I wasn't their target market.
Definitely not rushing back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh is a 4 Star modern hotel situated on the west of Edinburgh, three miles from the city centre, four miles from Edinburgh Airport, and adjacent to Edinburgh Zoo.The Hotel is ideally situated for both Leisure and Business, near to Edinburgh Business Park. The Holiday Inn Edinburgh enjoys great panoramic views of the Pentland Hills. The Hotel is perfect for leisure customers, with many nearby attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Museum of Scotland. The hotel has 303 rooms including Executive and Family rooms, ideal for Bank Holiday breaks. The hotel has a choice of two restaurants - Traders Restaurant or Sampans Oriental Restaurant, as well as a cafÃ© and relaxing bar. Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The Hotel boasts a Spirit Health and Fitness Club which is the ideal way to relax, with a fully equipped Gymnasium, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Spa and Beauty Treatments. Beauty Treatments can be booked prior to arrival on 0131 316 4739.On-site there are 200 complimentary Parking Spaces. Our Conference Centre 'The Academy' offers state-of-the-art suites, with 14 meeting rooms which can cater for up to 120 guests. Also accessible to Edinburgh University and ideally situated for Royal Highland Show Festival, Tattoo and Rugby Six Nations. *Terms and Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh Scotland