“Amazing Breakfast”

Neighbourhood: Old Town
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing Breakfast”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were in Edinburgh for three nights and every morning we went to this Cafe, the food was amazing and cooked to order, service was quick and staff were extremely friendly. I would HIGHLY recommend going here for breakfast. Next time I think we will try their lunch/evening menu as we didn't get a change this time. But going on the breakfast, I'd give more than 5 stars if I could.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SazM87

Balloch, United Kingdom
“A rancid establishment ”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Visited cafe Keno for breakfast with friends this morning. The premises smelled highly undesirable with the aroma of grease thick in the air. We waited several minutes to order food while the waitress cleaned tables. The drinks didn't appear until after the food arrived and we had to ask the waitress more than once to bring them. The food was riddled with grease and oil and was very poor value for money. The staff were uninterested and lacking in manners. There are many other cafés nearby which will provide you a far superior service and quality of food. Give this one a miss.

2 Thank Julia S
“Cheap and nasty and expensive!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

After a long day sightseeing in the great city that is Edinburgh, I was absolutley ravenous so I decided on Cafe Keno as it was the nearest to hand, big mistake. I was skimming the menu outside when suddenly I was ushered in by a foreign waitress who then pointed to a table and thrusted a menu in my face to which before I knew it I had already ordered. This type of tactic wouldnt normally work with me but by god they saw me coming. I decided on a coffee and the pasta carbonara. I didnt wait long, but then I knew why, the carbonara had to be the most unauthentic and unrefreshing dish that I have ever encountered. The bacon was hardly cooked and it didnt have an ounce of seasoning, they would have threw it at you in Italy!. The service was "get your money, get you out' style of which I was more than happy to. Wouldnt recommend as its purely ran as a tourist trap and overall an embarrasment to Edinburgh.

1 Thank cammy201
Bazel, Belgium
“Value for your money, little service”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Cafe Keno is nice, little bistro both from the inside and outside. The food was very good, but the presentation of our vegetables (we had a ciabatta) could've been beter... It didn't cost a lot of money - this bistro gives value for your money, for sure - so I didn't bother at first... What did bother me was that the service was very lax: I asked for a Coke (Coca Cola) and she gave me a Pepsi since there was no Coke left. I didn't mind until 5 minutes later, when I saw someone else carrying Cokes in the back. Little did I know...

• Visited March 2014
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Breakfast to start the day”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

A hearty breakfast was needed to start our long sightseeing day, it was across the road from the bus stop that we needed so that was very convenient.
A good choice of menu, we went for the full breakfast, everything was fine except for the bacon, it was very fatty & not much bacon.

• Visited February 2014