“A great day out”

Edinburgh Boat Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer skippered yacht charter on the river Forth in Edinburgh to both corporate teams and private groups or individuals.Choose Edinburgh Boat Charters for your business team outing or to commemorate a special occasion, as a well earned treat for yourself, friends or family or simply to gain practical experience on a large sailing yacht. Now with a 5 Star rating from Visit Scotland and the Scottish Tourist Board.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great day out”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We spent the day with Colin, sailing down the Forth, and going ashore on Inchkeith Island, all in magnificent conditions, much as the reviewer Shona desribes. I can only endorse what the other reviewers say - a really outstanding experience.

Alistair M

Visited August 2013
edinburghboatcharter, Owner at Edinburgh Boat Charters, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thanks for your feedback, we had a great day out too and enjoyed your company.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome for Foreigners!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I live in the US and was arranging a 4 hour sail as a surprise for my boyfriend during a visit to the UK to see him. Colin worked with me via email to discuss options for the day, was incredibly patient with me and helpful, and always responded promptly. On the day of the sail the weather and traffic made us about an hour late and Colin was great about it and still helped to make the surprise go off perfectly! We saw a 12th century abbey, seals, Colin taught my boyfriend to sail and gave me a refresher and then did the work while we enjoyed the view out on the water. It couldn't have been more perfect for us. Thanks Colin!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You've got to do the longer trips!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Having done the bridges experience a few weeks back, I discovered that I got the sailing bug! So I contacted Colin to see what other cruises he had. I joined him yesterday for a great sail down the forth in perfect sailing weather, sailed around the bass rock which is one of the best attractions in the forth. Then we looped around the isle of may and headed to anstruther for the night where the traditional fish and chips were had!

Definitely will be doing it again and would highly recommend the longer trip which gives you a better sailing experience.

Saskatoon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

A wonderful experience from first contact until we stepped off the boat at the end of the day! I contacted Colin on the slight chance that he would be able to sail us to Inchkeith Island in the Firth of Forth and was thrilled to have arrangements in place almost immediately. The sail itself was an unforgettable experience from the moment we came on board. Aside from the near perfect sailing conditions on the day, Colin is a most accommodating captain, allowing each of us a turn at the helm, as well as having a go at manning the rigging.
This was a particularly special experience for my 82 year old mom who was able to visit the island for the first time in almost 75 years after having spent a childhood summer there with her aunt and uncle, he having been the principal lighthouse keeper at that time. Colin skillfully landed us on the shore, and we spent an eventful hour exploring the ruins, listening to Mom's stories, and dodging angry sea birds! An added bonus was the lovely company of the other passengers sailing with us that day
I will definitely plan a repeat visit to this attraction on my next visit to Edinburgh!

Visited July 2013
Kinlochard
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A Great Success as a Birthday Present”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The day was arranged as a birthday present for my sister. Myself, brother and said sister are all from the area but rarely get the chance to venture far down the Forth. We were interested in seeing Inchkeith where our father was stationed. We shared the day with a delightful emigree Scot, who had spent holidays on Inchkeith just before the war with her Lighthouse Keeper Uncle, and her Canadian daughter and partner. It was a brilliant day. A bit of a haar at the start but some exciting sailing on the way down. An interesting and thought provoking visit to the Island followed by an idilic and sunny mooring for a very congenial chat and a lazy lunch. Colin and crew were excellent and all ages from 40s to 80s had a shot at steering (not as easy as it looks!) and winching in the sheets. The wild life was also stunning - so many seals so close by, Guillemots, Puffins and many other gulls
Would recommend it to anybody who likes the outdoors and would like to see Fife and Edinburgh from a different prospective whilst enjoying a lovely boat with a very pleasant and experienced crew.

Visited July 2013