“The best yet!”

Ling Ling Massage Therapy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Here at Ling Ling Massage Edinburgh, we offer a range of Eastern-inspired massages that will leave you relaxed, healthy and happy. Try our Asian take on the classic Swedish Massage, sample the spices of an indulgent Herbal Hot Massage, enter the Ling Massage with its deep relaxation and treat yourself to a Thai Foot Massage. For your comfort, slippers, bottled water and shower facilities are provided. Lots more info on website. Please reserve your appointment by phone or email at least 24 hours in advance so we can prepare the best experience for you.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Myself and my cousin decided to treat ourselves to a massage during a 4 day trip to Edinburgh over the half term. My cousin was visiting from the States and had never experienced a professional massage before, unlike myself! I have lived in Thailand for a year and had regular Thai massages. Ling Ling's is by appointment only but we were able to turn up and speak with Ling and book our appointments in person.
The massages were both wonderful and it is obvious how experienced the masseuses were. They combined different techniques to relieve tension and knots in my calves and shoulders. 3 weeks later I'm still feeling the benefits of this wonderful massage. It is such a different experience from massages you will find on spa days that are more for relaxation, with similar techniques being used on everyone. The therapy rooms are lovely and relaxing with a very personal feel. If I lived closer I would be a regular here... It's almost worth moving to Edinburgh for! Will highly recommend to everyone visiting Edinburgh, a fabulous experience! Thank you so much to Ling and the other talented masseuse from Estonia.

1  Thank Fairh0lme

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews here I booked a 90 min Swedish massage on the 8th of feb and was totally taken back by the kindness and care Ling gave me. She actually wanted to find out so much about my life and my situation before she started anything and then started work on my back for over the time paid for. I felt relief, rejuvenated and totally at peace with myself after coming here. Will be booking again soon. Thanks you so much Ling, your fabulous. Sxx

1  Thank Soniya555
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have been to ling for massage therapy for 4 years. She is very professional and extremely talented! I have a shoulder injury, which she has treated and I always come back to her for treatment. I have tried a number of different massage therapists, but my shoulder has always gone worse, EXCEPT for after a treatment from Ling. Not only does she execute a perfect massage, but she also offers tips for how my shoulder can get better, also outside of therapy.

It is a cozy and intimate massage studio, and I find it a lot more comfortable compared to a big studio, due to the fact that I feel relaxed the minute I walk in the door. I always feel welcome! A number of my friends and family have tried it and only had very positive experiences.

I would highly recommend ling for a relaxing massage even though you might have an injury or just need some soothing therapy! She is always open for feedback and asks how you feel throughout the massage, however I always let her decide the pressure and the style of the massage because she is very talented in her profession.

2  Thank Kari T
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Ling is very talented, massage is part of her culture and you are in for an authentic experience. I got a great welcome, a few tips for baby massage, a quick assessment of my needs and 2 hours of highly relaxing and therapeutic massage crafted around my needs. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I went here for a massage after reading reviews on TripAdvisor.
The place is tiny and the reception is one square meter just inside the front door.
Ling was brusque and the welcome consisted of sit here (a stool in the reception)
and fill out this form. On the couch I tried small talk. Where are you from? Manila. Have you been here long? Long enough. Do you like the Scottish weather? No.

Everything was clean and cosy and I could take a shower after the massage, which is often not offered. The massage was a type of Swedish oil massage. Quite firm. I was fine with that so did not complain. After 20 minutes she asked if the pressure was ok and I said yes. She moves quite aggressively from place to place, like finishing a leg and starting on an arm. Felt almost like an attack. Nothing relaxing about this massage

After I dressed and paid £45 she did not ask if I was satisfied and she did not offer a second appointment. If she had I would have said no.

2  Thank 585Traveller
gtg777, Manager at Ling Ling Massage Therapy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I am always disappointed when I can't meet my client's expectations, especially in how I execute my massage techniques on certain body types.

An architect created the floor plan of my studio to maximise the space. It's impossible to expand the size of the reception area without compromising the whole layout of the premises -
2 treatment rooms, washing area & shower facility. The size of the reception was the maximum that could be achieved.

It's never my practice to ask for a second appointment after a massage. I leave that choice to the client and most, as you can see from my other reviews, return many times.