Didn't have particularly high hopes after reading some of the previous reviews. Arrived about one and was shown straight to our room by a really friendly lady who asked if we had any questions about Edinburgh or needed any advice. Room was clean - big bed, lovely deep bath and nice powerful shower and we didn't hear a sound through the night (pretty much everything I want from a hotel room!) both mornings we were there we were served a big tasty breakfast (my boyfriend hasn't shut up about the haggis since we got back!) by a different but equally friendly lady who couldn't seem to do enough for us or the other guests. A very pleasant stay, an quite a nice surprise after being put off by others negative reviews!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering modern rooms with free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs, this boutique bed and breakfast is placed 1 mile from Princes Street and 1 mile from Edinburgh's popular shore area. Built in 1850, Capital Residence is a Grade B listed town house. An iPod dock, safe and a selection of teas, coffee and sweet treats are featured in every room. Sleek bathrooms all have luxury toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, a hairdryer and GHD hair straighteners. Guests can choose from a range of breakfast options including freshly made full Scottish breakfasts and Scottish smoked salmon. For evening dining, there are restaurants and bars within a 5-minute walk. Set 0.5 miles from Edinburgh’s New Town, the building still displays many of its original features. Capital Residence is just over a mile from the Royal Botanic Gardens and Edinburgh’s dockside area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Capital Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Capital Residence Edinburgh, Scotland