“If it wasn't for the satay scewers it would be terrible”
Review of Kampung Ali - CLOSED

Kampung Ali
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went in there because we heard a lot of good things about it. But my nasi goreng and my girlfriends mee goreng were... terrible. The waiter stood right by us the whole time, and they were already cleaning the tables, right next to us. Two of the waiters sat down next two us (at 9 o'clock - there were still 5 tables full). The waiter was rude... the skewers were average, they saved the evening. But maybne they where only good because the rest was so bad :-)

1  Thank Alexander H

Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was a bit of a walk but it was so good. The staff was attentive and quick to come when we needed them, especially since I was in such a large group. The food was excellent and I would recommend this restaurant. But to note, the restaurant does charge if you bring your own bottle (as the rate for alcohol is rather steep).

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Five of us dined here at the start of a night out. We'd been there a couple of years ago when I wasn't that impressed but this time around I really like it. They offer a pre theatre menu which his great value with incredibly generous portions. I had the chicken satay and beef rendang, both of which were really good. Service tip top as well. We were in really early on a Friday evening and the place was filling up nicely so they're doing something right! By no means the poshest restaurant in edinburgh but good food in a relaxed environment.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Been to both their Edinburgh Restaurants. Both serve lovely Malaysian food. I really love the 'Rendang' and the 'Mee Goreng', oh and the 'Satay'.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was our third or fourth visit. Once again the food was superb. it was a saturday night so the restaurant was buzzing, but the food was still out pretty quickly and the staff are always very helpful. Highly recommend!