This hotel is located near the Meadows, in the center of the University of Edinburgh. About a 15 min walk away from the city center, I would consider this serviced apartment/ hotel fairly centrally located.
The hotel is brand new, only opened in the second week of November 2011. All the amenities were of course in mint condition when we were there in November - everything from the iron(board), hair dryer, a fan, microwave, oven, utensils, sink, in-room safe, sofa bed. The list goes on.
The hotel also caters free buffet breakfast every morning for all guests. The selection is adequate, although I wouldn't say wide. When we were there, there was no change of menu, but you could have a selection of cereal, yoghurts, cheeses, hams, bacons, eggs, beans, sausages, paninis and other breads.
The staff was excellent - everyone was professional, and willing to help. This always makes for a lovely stay anywhere.
My only compliant was that the heating along the corridor was over the top. And it just couldn't be turned off. The rooms themselves were not air conditioned for summer, but there's a (large) radiator. Because the rooms were so new, they were also a little dusty. I sneezed quite badly the first night, but it was okay after I got used to it.
In a nutshell, stay there. Big rooms, lovely breakfast, great staff, central location in a new hotel. Would recommend anytime for anyone going to Edinburgh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh offers short and long-stay accommodations in Edinburgh, Scotland. At our hotel, set a pace that suits you, whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development, you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Scotland