I paid for my room only £80 a night, therefore cannot complain much as value for money was great. However, if I were to pay £150 and this is they current price on booking.com I would not be as satisfied. One could fine much better hotel for this price.
The room was very clean, practically spotless (extremely nice housekeeping staff, nicer than receptionists). I really liked the colours and furnitures. The kitchen annex is very useful if one doesn't fancy eating out (especially for longer stays). The bed could be a little bit more comfy, I couldn't sleep very well because it was too soft. Also, although the room was fresh and clean it was really badly designed. The sing was in the room and bathroom had a slide door, therefore I was up everytime my boyfriend was in the toilet (this is probably another reason for not sleeping well). The sink, for some weird reason, was in the room, not separated with any door. Suitable only for couples with no privacy issues ;)
Breakfasts were only average, and the breakfast area was very small. Luckily I got a table at the back, otherwise I would have eaten in the reception area ;/
The brightest side of this hotel is its location. There are still some building works around the hotel, however when they finish them it is going to be a great area to stay. It is quiet and only 10 min walk to the grass market and few more to the castle. I didn't have any problems with finding the hotel using my sat nav and some common sense ;)
Overall, I would not pay £150 a night as the hotel is not worth that much (oh, parking charge is £12 on the top of this price). They could do with few improvements, especially in the design department, maybe then the hotel could compete with other 4 and 5 stars hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're delighted to bring you the UK's first Residence Inn by Marriott offering you short and long stay Edinburgh accommodation. Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Scotland