“I would live in a suite like this”

Residence Inn Edinburgh
Ranked #36 of 148 Hotels in Edinburgh
Dublin, Ireland
“I would live in a suite like this”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Was pleasantly surprised by the comfort and spacious room we received when we booked this hotel via lastminute.com. The suite we got was so nice that I would have no problem living such accommodation. The breakfast was buffet style and was really good also. The staff were as friendly as could be. We didnt have much interaction with them which is probably a good thing.

Room Tip: Double room is nicer than twin room :)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Had a very nice, short stay here. Overall experience was very good. The place was clean and the location was fairly good, being only a short walk from most attractions. The only drawback was that we could see into the surrounding apartments,which was odd to say the least

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLim37
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights in May as we had tickets to see Derran Brown (excellent show!) and we were pleased to begin with - modern building, nice staff on arrival, not too bad location (for the price) and the room was as expected.

The only negative side was that the bathroom had quite a few shaving hairs around the sink which just made me wonder what else hadn't been thoroughly cleaned - though it did look clean elsewhere. The bathroom was also a disabled bathroom, which we didn't like at all as it felt a little like being in a hospital. As it was a wet room and quite compact, after a shower everything else was soaking. We did ask to swap rooms which couldn't be done as the hotel was fully booked but it was cleaned again (as requested) and staff did bring a bottle of wine up as an apology which was much appreciated.

At breakfast the next day, the dining area (reception) was extremely cramped so I'm not sure if this is a temporary thing. The breakfast itself was good, with quite a lot of choice (given it was a buffet breakfast) and I liked that you coud eat from 7am till 11am.

Back at the room before we went out for the day, we'd fluffed the quilt just to straighten it and the bed moved slightly bringing a load of dust from under the bed out into the room, there was a lot of it so either it hadn't been cleaned for a while or as its a relatively new hotel, it could have just been that.

Overall this was a good choice for us, I think compared to other hotels in the area it was reasonably priced, nice decor, good location and friendly staff - I think there could just be a couple of improvements on cleanliness more than anything. Thanks for a nice stay.

Room Tip: A high floor would be preferable
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. My room was spacious, nicely furnished and clean and tidy. The breakfast was good too. The location is central but in a quite development so you can get a good peaceful night’s sleep. There service was also excellent. Highly recommended and I look forward to staying again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel well located next to the old town which is the best part of Edinburgh. Some building work going on next to the hotel but is not a problem. Staff are helpful & friendly. Breakfast is good also. The sliding bathroom door has no lock which isn't a big problem but it is when the door will not close properly and were forced to use a paper wedge. The big fault with this hotel is the so called free wifi. Only free for 24hrs & then it's £15 a day. I started the 24hr period and then went out for dinner. When I returned the wifi would not connect and wanted me to pay?! For the money we pay for this nice hotel it should be free always

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We booked in here for two nights while we were down in Edinburgh visiting friends. I must say that it is a lovely hotel and that the idea of the separate bedroom worked well for us.

I must start with the positives.

The front desk staff were so amazing. All front desk staff are trained to be helpful and welcoming, but the staff at this hotel seemed to mean it! And they smile! This may seem like a small point, but what a difference it makes!

The room (s) it's self were lovely. Modern design with a little kitchenette area with a microwave, sink and dishwasher. All very useful when traveling with a two year old.

The living area was very comfortable and had enough space for our sun to play. The small toilet area was very compact, but actually felt spacious to do the necessary!

The bedroom was quite a tight space. For two adults alone in the room this would be more than adequate, but add in a small child it can be quite tight. And a funny point to look out for is the run away bed! The flooring is wooden so if you sit up in bed to read or watch tv, you will find the bed moving away from the wall!

So two points that I feel could have been done better and I should point out that neither of these would stop me returning:

1. The rooms were so hot. Not sure the actual temperature but we were very warm. We had both windows open and the breeze help keep the temperature down and feel more airy.

2. Our son likes to play with toy cars which inevitably end up under items of furniture. I have never before seen so much dust under a bed or sofa. However I must add, that before I had toy cars to rescue this is not something I would have checked and the rest of the flat was immaculately clean!

I hope it won't be long before we return as It was a lovely stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beth G
Llangollen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stay in many Marriott Hotels but this is our first in a Residence Inn. What a pleasant surprise. Absolutely spotless! Room was great! We had a separate bedroom and a large kitchen area along with a lounge and a bathroom with a massive shower, though I still would prefer a bath too but this didn't spoil our stay! Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good and quite plentiful. Location is great for the Old Town and within a 15 minute walk or so to Princes Street etc. Would definitely stay here again! Staff very friendly too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business