“Great hotel!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh
Ranked #37 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My fiancée and I stayed here last weekend and we loved it. The staff were great, the breakfast was excellent, the hotel was spotlessly clean and quiet. Plus it's in a great location too.

I only have a few small criticisms. The room we had had an openable window which was locked, and it was really hot in there. There was no ventilation in the bathroom so the showering experience was a bit too steamy. The pillows were a bit too firm. Plus there was a rug next to the bed on the laminate floor that just slipped away whenever I stood on it which I felt was a bit dangerous.

But otherwise I would go back here in a heartbeat and strongly recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Make sure the window can open.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms are fantastic and the staff are brilliant. We had two small children with us and every member of staff spoke to the kids and offered them sweets and activity packs. So accommodating but mainly the friendliness of the staff was wonderful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2013

An excellent stay at a centrally located hotel that I used for a 25 day research and writing trip this year. My wife and I had stayed once before in the summer of 2012 and once again enjoyed our experience. We were in a one bedroom suite which gave ample accommodation for our needs. The free laundry greatly helps during a long stay. The staff are excellent and could not have been friendlier or more helpful when needed. During our time they upgraded the kitchen facilities in the suite to include, as in America a couple of hobs and a micro-wave oven instead of just a microwave. These will be excellent extras for future guests. Free breakfast with good choices of hot and cold foods and during this period of December free mince pies and mulled wine each day. There is a bi-weekly curry buffet, free if you buy a drink - good value and lots to eat.The rooms are in a business section of the city - need to keep net curtains closed during the day or wave to the people working in the offices....three coffee shops within a couple of minutes and a Sainsbury's grocery store with ample supplies for staying in the suite. Numerous restaurants within walking distance. For me the five minute walk to major libraries in the city, National, New College etc. was why we chose to stay here.

Room Tip: A high room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ScotinAlabama
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great location close to the main hub of Edinburgh but because it sits back slightly it's nice and quiet outside. The rooms are modern and well equipped and the staff can't do enough for you. Great experience and well recommended.
Top tip... Breakfast gets busy about 8-9 so head down early for a good seat.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I recently stayed with a work colleague at the Residence Inn, Edinburgh. The room was amazing. I just happened to run into a member of the housekeeping staff, Samantha. She was outstanding, so dedicated to her job, right down to the finest details. She made sure that my room as beyond standard which is a rarity in this day and age. Her dedication to detail shows not only initiative but job satisfaction. You have some great staff but she was the one that shone brightest. Wishing her the best for the future, she is a true asset to the company.
-James.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Modern building in a great location. Walking distance to the entire city.
A tree lined park behind you. A Starbucks and a grocery store 5 steps away.
The most courteous friendly staff anyone can ask for. Clean and new.
Book it!

Eli

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel in September 2013. The room was very clean and had everything that you needed. It is very centrally located and nice and quiet in a new area. You have a small supermarket a couple of steps away to buy anything you need and also a couple of small cafes.
There is also a complimentary laundry that you can use as well.
Breakfast is included in the rate and is a good standard.
But most of all what I would like to say is that the staff were all outstanding and I must single out Bastion for his extreme kindness to me when I was not feeling well and making me feel special. Bastion went above and beyond his duty where my husband and I were concerned and also our waitress Alicia, who was so extremely helpful and kind to me when I was feeling sick. She also made our stay very pleasant. I would like the management to know this and compliment them and let them know it made all the difference to our stay there. They should feel very proud that they are doing such a good job and it is certainly noticed and appreciated.
These are the kind of staff that should be at all hotels, unfortunately it often does not happen often enough, but when it does it makes you want to recommend this place to others. Well done Residence Inn Marriott!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple