On the 5th night of my stay at this hotel I was annoyed by loud noises from the room next door at approx 10.15pm. My wife and I were worried that we might not get a proper nights rest but I did not take any action at this stage.
However 30 minutes later that noise developed into full bodied shouting as noisy activities ensued and several people spilled into the corridor. There were obviously more people in the corridor than were staying in the hotel's rooms. I phoned the hotel reception that something needed to be done, but nobody appeared. I went out to remonstrate to the party goers in the corridor but not much changed.
I phoned reception again and this time someone appeared but to my surprise addressed the party leader as if it was someone he knew. The party leader did come and apologise to me and the noise did subside a little time later, and we assumed the people had gone off to celebrate elsewhere. We still had a disturbed sleep having been agitated by the activities and we were concerned the revellers might return, but little further noise was heard.
I spoke to the manager next morning and again gained the impression that the party leader was known to staff as he said that it was a one off party he was having.
Later I noted the "do not disturb" notice on the "revellers" door so I worried he was resting up for another nights drinking and noise. On checking with the hotel management again I found the reveller was known to the hotel and a regular visitor who was having a "one off" celebration.
Whether it was a "one off" celebration I do not know. All I know is that an extremely noisy contingent of people were allowed to disturb guests by someone who frequently stays at the hotel and is known to hotel staff.
If this incident had happened earlier on our stay our review would have been different as up to that time we had an enjoyable restful time in a large two roomed king bed configuration.
The breakfasts are good for free fare although the eating area is far too small and cramped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh offers short and long-stay accommodations in Edinburgh, Scotland. At our hotel, set a pace that suits you, whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development, you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Inn Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Scotland