“Great Location - Stay Edinburgh City Apartments”

Stay Edinburgh City Apartments - Royal Mile
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Excellent locations for all the main tourists attractions, 5 minutes from the castle, dungeons, station, ghost walks, princess street etc. Staff friendly and very helpful with plenty of information guides available in the apartments. Apartment itself was well decorated and spacious, upgraded from a 1 bedroom to 2 which was a nice surprise. Came with all the amenities required and had essentials such as towels and hair dryers, making your luggage a little bit lighter. Check out is at 10am however they allow luggage to be kept in their offices till 5pm that allowed us an extra day exploring the city. Would definitely recommend these apartments to those who fancy a nice break in the heart of Edinburgh!

1  Thank Ross G

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My stay in Edinburgh was perfect even before getting there!
They sent a text message to thank us, and I found it friendly and kind.
Harvey has been very helpful giving us an apartment at the first floor as I required; I got there when the office was closed and it has been very easy following their instructions in order to get the key. As soon as I entered the flat I was simply amazed: warm, comfortable, cozy and good sized bedrooms, Kitchen huge, bright and fully equipped (also washing machine and dish washer); so we had the chance to have breakfast before leaving for our tours, saving time and money! And we washed our clothes avoiding to bring back home dirty stuff.
Bathroom very good: with both bathtub and shower, you don't need to carry with you shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, soaps, handcream, as they are generously provided.
The guys at the reception have been absolutely fantastic, smiling and helpful; they booked for us two beautiful one day tours, which I strongly recommend.
The location? It couldn't be any better.... 5 mins from the Castle, 10 mins from the train station and the new town.
I would come back for sure, I felt myself at home!
I am fully satisfied :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Brilliant location, the man who greeted us was lovely and was happy to point out various attractions and made sure we got settled in ok. We had arrived early but got let into our room as it was ready. Room was lovely, bit cold but fine once the heaters were on, one was broke but the room was still warm. Kitchen was really useful and the bathroom was clean. Our only issue was the ten o'clock check out time and the noise from the pipes in the bedroom but apart from that great value for money, would definitely come again.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Went with 6 girls and got the 3 bedroom apartment on the royal mile. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a 4 bedroom with 3 bathrooms. Spacious, Clean, great location, plenty of cutlery, pots, pans, bowls. The only bad thing I can say about this is two things, one the WiFi was a bit spotty at times but we would just restart the modem and it would be fine also I believe people lived above us, not just other guests, and one of the nights they Came knocking on our door at ten pm accusing us of smoking...we had just walked in the door. This doesn't however decrease the star rating for me definitely recommended for a large group!!!

Room Tip: We were on James court, try to get an apartment on a lower floor if you have lots of luggage!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The location is perfect. The other - very average. Slow heating water, shabby everything, cold rooms (until you use all the heaters - than it's got hot)
Good kitchen, there are everything than you need. Wi-fi is ok. If you have family (with children) or company trip - use this possibility of value-for-money staying and home cuisine In other cases - better to use the hotels with standard service

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The apartments were very good but had to climb a few steps to get to it, my 90 year old mother could not manage this and Chris (manager) gave us another complimentary apartment just for her., I would recommend these apartments to anyone who wants to be close to the Castle and town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

After the New Year, my girlfriend and I decided to spend 3 nights in Edinburgh, for a small romantic getaway. Upon arrival, we both commented on the size of the accommodations, and how much space there was for just two people! The apartment was spotless, well furnished, and was already well stocked with many essentials (e.g. milk, instant coffee, sugar, tea bags, and some cleaning supplies). We both also appreciated just how comfortable the beds were.

I felt the location was fantastic, as it was right in the heart of the Royal Mile (although it could get a bit noisy, what with the lack of double glazed windows, high winds, and loud buses).

However, there were some concerns in regards to the apartment, the main one being the spiral staircase leading up to the room, which would be majorly problematic to anyone with mobility or vertigo issues. I'm in fairly good health, and even I found those stairs daunting! Also, we both felt a little insecure that the main door to the building had no lock, and although this was set aside from the street, it was nearby a busy pub and a touristy area. The shower/bath was also another issue, as there was very little water pressure at times, and would often take a lengthy amount of time to heat up.

These issues aside, we really did enjoy the apartment, and if we were to stay in Edinburgh again, we would definitely go with Stay Edinburgh again.

Room Tip: If you have any mobility issues (i.e. vertigo, arthritis, impaired movement), then make sure to spea...