“Easily my favourite sushi restaurant in Edinburgh ”
Review of Koyama

Koyama
Get food delivered
Ranked #503 of 2,463 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$66
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Koyama is one of Edinburgh's market leaders in Japanese cuisine. Being the one and only sushi restaurant in Edinburgh with all dinnerware imported directly from Japan, Koyama proudly presents you with the enlightenment for a taste of Japanese traditional dining etiquette.
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Great restaurant, it's not fancy but food is really good. Have tried to have something different every time I go but always go back to salmon sashimi, the chicken gyotza and the Bimlibab main dish. Staff are friendly and the service in general is quick. Good value for money. Will continue to be a regular. Can't rate this place enough. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (300)

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I ate at this restaurant twice in August, 2016. The value for money is excellent. I especially enjoyed the miso soup and ramen.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

The staff were very friendly, discreet and helpful. We were given miso soup as we sat down to look through the extensive menu. We ordered the large selection of sushi that was presented to us on a wooden boat! We also ordered some buckwheat noodles with prawns for our daughter who devoured them. All in all excellent value for money and will surely go back some day.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Three off us popped into this restaurant for dinner and found the sushi to be of a good quality. And we all received a free Miso Soup.

I had the Rainbow Roll and the Sashimi 18-piece Set. I found both to be very tasty. I felt a little cheated when I saw that four of the pieces of sashimi were very small shrimps (I guess that's how they keep the price of the selection down).

The waitress took care to ask us about any food allergies and then made recommendations to accommodate gluten-free requirements. Service was prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

So disappointed.........
We popped in here between fringe shows & checked with the waitress that we were okay for time, which we were.
We ordered a Sushi Boat to share which arrived fairly quickly.
The sushi wasn't the best & fell apart a bit as we were trying to eat it however, it seemed tasty enough until I looked at my plate & discovered that not just one but two of what appeared to be sesame seeds, had spread out a little & were actually small flies. I was put off a bit to say the least & didn't eat any more. I was going to let it go but my fellow diner revealed that they had discreetly removed a hair from their food & said nothing.
When the waitress appeard to clear away, I quietly pointed out the flies to her. I didn't wan to attract the attention of other diners! She looked a little horrified but didn't apologise. We asked for the bill which was duly brought. We were charged full price & were given no apology! We paid the bill & left........we won't be back....

5  Thank Dawn L