“The food here is just wonderful”
Review of Kanpai Sushi

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 17 July 2014

On a Hot evening in Edinburgh I went here with my daughter who has spent many years in the far east to experience what she describes as Sushi as they serve in Japan.
It was just lovely. We shared 'Rainbow Roll', 'Kanpai Special Roll', 'Soft Shell Crab Roll', 'Tokyo Roll' & 'Dumplings' and all for a very reasonable £36 that left us full
All cooked beautifully and looked so wonderful it was almost seemed a shame to mess up the plates. And Oh the tastes as the flavors danced across the tongue, I felt like I was in heaven. Will I be back Oh Yes

1  Thank MikeBR

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I've been here a couple of times in the past month, and both times I have left Kanpai ready to schedule my next visit (which I hope is soon!) The quality of the fish, the presentation, and the staff make this restaurant a must visit if you love sushi and are in Edinburgh. It is a bit off the beaten path, so be sure to check the location before heading out. Also, reservations are recommended. Kanpai is more than worth a bit of extra work!

2  Thank vanilarama
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great little sushi place just behind the Usher hall. This was our second visit and once again we were not disappointed, food quality and choice was excellent, however we did feel a little bit rushed as the food came very quickly (surprisingly as it was all made fresh).We had booked and it was just as well, lesson learned from first visit. If you like sushi, then dont miss thsi place if you are visiting Edinburgh.

1  Thank Malcolm024
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The best sashimi we've had outside Tokyo, and excellent grilled eel nigiri. It's hidden away, but busy on Sunday. We loved it.

1  Thank RhodriC
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We happened by this perfect little sushi restaurant and stopped in for lunch. The food was so delicious - tasty and also very beautifully prepared and presented. I recommend the dragon roll especially, but everything we had was just lovely. Highly recommended.

2  Thank ESchweng