“Gorgeous decor, great breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B+B Edinburgh

B+B Edinburgh
Ranked #15 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
London
“Gorgeous decor, great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed here with 6 friends, and we were all seriously impressed. We had two large rooms with three beds in each - both huge and impeccably clean with brilliant views over the city. We had tea in the gorgeous old library, and prosecco in the beautiful bar downstairs before heading out into town, ideal with the centre only a 10-15 min walk away. The breakfast was great too, with a buffet continental-style and cooked items available to order. The only thing I'd recommend avoiding would be the dubious "square sausage"!

This place is great value and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jennieee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My partner and I stayed here for one night as a surprise treat for valentines. We had planned quite a bit to do round the city, all the touristy things couples do.

We arrived early in the afternoon and were met by a very friendly and polite employee who checked us in. The building was lovely and had a real charm about it. The room we stayed in was massive and in one of the upper floors. You could clearly see the castle only a short distance away. The decor was modern and the room very clean. We were very pleased. Breakfast in the morning was also very nice. I certainally got the impression that the staff go above and beyond the call of duty to please the customer.

I would highly recommend the B&B Edinburgh and would definetly stay there again. If I had any complaint at all and this would be completely nit picking the wifi doesn't work very well on the upper floors and may need a booster. Also the bed in the room was 2 single beds stuck together. This wouldnt of been an issue but one mattress was very soft and the other very hard. It really didnt spoil it for me as these arnt things that bother me when staying in a guest house. Please book here and hope you enjoy your stay as much as my girlfriend and i have.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Starlynx
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

A friend and I stayed here whilst in Edinburgh to watch the recent Calcutta Cup at Murrayfield. The B&B is absolutely superb and I will definitely recommend to family and friends. We had Room 2 which had a fabulous view. We had to turn the radiator down when we entered the room and it was so good to be in a hotel where you can actually control the temperture rather than be at the mercy of preset systems! The room was a good size and there was plenty of hanging space and drawers in the wardrobe.
The bathroom was a great size and the shower absolutely fantastic. One minor point in that the bathroom door didn't close properly.
We didn't stop off in the lounge for a drink but it looked very welcoming and if I happen to stay here again then I would make sure to have a relaxing drink there.
Breakfast in the morning was lovely with a good choice of fruit juice, cereals, yoghurts etc as well as a cooked breakfast tailored to your individuals needs. The staff did seem to be a bit run off their feet but the small wait we had before a table was available for us was not a big deal.
I will be looking at staying here the next time I am in Edinburgh.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AberdeenGirl1978
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here for a night after watching the rugby.
I arrived way too early to book in meaning just to drop off my case but the receptionist checked, declared the room ready and checked me in straight away. Good start.
Location is great for the city's main spots and my room (16) had a lovely view towards the castle.
First impressions of the room were positive with lots of storage, a good sized telly and a functional toilet/shower room.
Looking around briefly the library was impressive and the whisky bar well stocked.
After watching the rugby and having the odd drink I found my way back and slept soundly.
Breakfast was reasonably varied. No kippers and slightly underdone square sausage were very minor drawbacks but that is really being picky.
Again the staff were friendly and managed to return to me a glove I had lost the previous night.
Overall the place was pretty good but bit expensive. If you can get a discount definitely stay here. If you can't give it serious consideration.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

My wife and I visited Edinburgh for a concert and decided to stay over and do some shopping the next day. Are we glad we picked this hotel? You bet! A Victorian townhouse which has been refurbished to the highest standard, the entrance area is stunning with the original oak panelling and modern furniture. The room we had (no 13!) was on the third floor at the back and had a lovely view over Dean village
The staff were really welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. For the first time that I can remember for years my wife and I got to sleep right away which is unusual for us when in a strange place.
The piece de resistance was the breakfast show in the morning There was all sorts of cereals, the usual juices, cheeses cold meats etc and the girl had even made up a fresh fruit salad that morning which was most refreshing.
The cooked breakfast menu had everything you could wish for and again was freshly cooked and beautifully presented. A five minute walk to Princes Street in the morning had us all ready for a morning's shopping.
All in all I have no hesitation in recommending the B + B Edinburgh to anybody wishing to stay in Edinburgh whether it be for 1 night or more.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jackofalltrades6028
River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

My sisters and I stayed in a room here, the room was huge with 3 beds, couch and lots of space. It was absolutely lovely and walking distance to downtown. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JulieJuileJulie
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

i stayed at the B+B Edinburgh 3 separate times over a two week period as I came and went on various UK tours. Each time I had a different room. None were exact duplicates. Each one had it's own charm. My favorite was on the 4th floor, overlooking the new town area. What a view! Down comforters and comfortable beds were a plus! The desk staff bent over backwards to help and accomodate in any way they could. They let me use a spare lap top, set it up for me, in the quiet in house bar area so that I could later visit with friends. They called taxis, they verified that the taxi knew where I was going. They were like family. Hotel work was still in progress on some rooms. Centrally located but in a quiet neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo