B+B Edinburgh
    • Bar/Lounge
    Good 3.5/5
    • Bar/Lounge
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsdean villagebeautiful librarymarble staircasesquare sausagefamily suitefirst floororiginal featureswest endtop floorbreakfast roomboutique hotelprinces streetcooked breakfastwithin walking distancetea and coffeequiet streethaggis
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel surpassed all expectations! It was just gorgeous. Read all about its history on its web site - I did after I had stayed there as I love knowing the history of these big houses before they became hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel is absolutely stuning and so spacious. There is a library and a bar room you can sit in in the evening, both room are big and full of character (as is the whole hotel), games to play & free coffee machine. Staff are perfect, very helpful, always there but just in the background, so not intrusive at all. Bedrooms and bathrooms were really nice, clean and have everything you could need. Beds were really comfy, shower was nice and powerful. The breakfast was probably the best I have ever had at a hotel, they have everything you could want. The hotel is within walking distance of Haymarket station and is a great location for spending time in Edinburgh. I will be going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: room at the front get the sun in the morning so are nice and bright
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
    1  Thank Melanie A
    Reviewed 16 April 2012

Beautiful building with lovely interior of mixed character and modern touches. We were made to feel very welcome throughout our stay. Our room and en-suite was clean and well presented with comfy beds, all the requirements for a one night stay. The library and bar areas were comfortable and relaxing to chill out in. Breakfast was well enjoyed, certainly no complaints from us and was again in a beautiful room with the sunshine beaming through the large windows. Would definitely stay here again - a short walk from Haymarket Station (stayed here with my sister, sister in law and mum sharing two rooms) - we all said that we would stay here again x roll on another theatre trip I think!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 16 April 2012

Used the Groupon deal but even without that we will be back. We had room 3 which was spacious and clean, very comfy bed and staff charming and helpful.
    Good breakfast and a stunning library.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 April 2012

Very clean hotel, friendly but not chatty staff, fab shower. The beds were super so I had a great nights sleep and it is so quiet - no noise at all from outside or other occupants in the hotel. It wasn't till breakfast that I realised that the hotel was actually pretty busy! Negative points - being very picky here - bathroom door takes some shutting and corridors outside of the 'impressive' part are rather drab. Personally I felt it was a bit overpriced but I am not an expert on Edinburgh hotels.

Room Tip: I think you have a good view from anyroom.
    • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends