“Edinburgh week end”
Review of B+B Edinburgh

B+B Edinburgh
Ranked #18 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My mum, my sister and I spent a week end at B+B and were very happy both with the service and with the location.
The hotel is just a stroll away from all the major streets, and is located in a nice, quiet suburb.
The staff are friendly and helpful - they kept our luggage at their desk after check out and scheduled a couple of taxis for us. Furthermore, the house itself is beautiful: we especially enjoyed the library. Breakfast is very rich as well.
Definetly to recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Paul A J H, General Manager at B+B Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Many thanks for your review---we're glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

After reading other reviews, I expected something a bit personal. After the arrival the room wasn´t ready so the Hotel recommended to come back afterwards. Although this commentary, they assigned the room in order to go directly to the room when we came back. We took advantage of this fact and went to explore the Rosslyn Chapel (which I strongly recommend not to miss).
Unfortunately after coming back we discovered that this room had already been assigned to another passenger and we had to only room left which was in the underground floor.
Apart from this fact, the Library on the first floor and the upper part of the building is amazing.
Anyway I would not stay here again, and I would not recommended for anybody.

1  Thank Wright3333
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed here in August 2012 & loved it. It was a great "home" to come back to every evening with beautiful views from our family room.
It is clean, comfortable, has beautiful modern features and amazing architecture, friendly & helpful staff, everything we wanted really.

Room Tip: Back rooms have views of Stockbridge
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed for two different nights, before and after a three day Highland tour. Trying to schedule on the internet was difficult so started chatting with hotel on line. The Manager then called me (overseas!) to finalize our stay to make sure we got the right nights. I thought this was amazing and thought I picked the right place. The hotel just got better as we had problems with the airlines and our luggage never made the trip over. We called the B&B from the airport and the hotel offered to keep our luggage, when delivered from the airport, after we checked out and, had it in our room when we returned back from the tour three days later. The hotel offered the use of an electric converter plug to take with us on our tour as ours was in the missing luggage. They helped us find shops that might be open late for us to purchase an extra shirt to have on our tour. The staff even offered us a breakfast to be ready almost an hour before they normally served when they found out we would need to leave so early for the airport on our last morning. They called for taxis to be ready when we needed them both mornings of departure.

This was one of our most memorable hotel stays as the services we received was so above what we could have expected. The other bonus was the quality of the rooms...very clean and modern with great views! We stayed one night facing the front and one night facing the back. And enjoyed both views! The breakfast was a surprise as they cooked to order the hot food that you liked and had pastries, breads, yogurt and cereal ready on a buffet. They also had free wifi that worked in the rooms, not just the lobby. The location was easy to walk to Princess street with pubs, restaurants and shopping just around the corner. We would definitely like to return to Edinburgh and this will be our first choice to stay at again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back back are smaller but are quieter. Rooms in the front get some street noise but hav...
3  Thank Carol S
Paul A J H, General Manager at B+B Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Many thanks for leaving such a detailed review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I am just back today from a two night stay in this B&B. I had to write a review as I have had a great experience from start to finish. Before I arrived I had a few questions and queries and staff were always helpful when contacted. We arrived before check in time and as our room was not ready and we didn't expect it to be they held onto our bags for us. When we came back our room was ready (room 4) and it was a fab room. It was a large room with a huge bed, seating area and really well decorated. It had all the amenities you would want/need. The bathroom was a decent size with a shower over bath, my husband had a bit of trouble with the shower temperature and found it very hot I like my showers very hot so didn't find this a problem. The towels were really fluffy which is a big plus to me. The building itself is beautiful with the lovely staircase and the library which is a great place to sit to while away an hour and the free tea, coffee and wifi is a big bonus. Breakfast was really nice, freshly cooked to order which makes a refreshing change to stodgy buffets, my only complaint and it was just unfortunate as opposed to a problem was my husband was served his hot breakfast about 3-4 mins after mine which is bit of a bug bear of mine as I think people should be served together. But this is my only niggle about this lovely place to stay. Building fab, rooms big, airy comfortable and tastefully decorated, food lovely, staff friendly, professional and helpful. The B&B will definitely be my first choice for my next stay in edinburgh.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might be better with a rear room as the rooms at the front are on a r...
1  Thank MsND
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed at the B+B Edinburgh for two nights during the last week of the Fringe 2012. Hotel is in a beautiful building, and was once the home of the guy who started the Scotsman newspaper. It is perfectly situated just a few blocks NW of Princes Street, which is great if you like being out of the city-center chaos but still close enough to walk there in 10 minutes. We used a variety of transportation from the hotel including local Lothian buses and taxis, but mostly we walked. We had two rooms on the top floor (#'s 20 facing the castle & 22 facing north), which resulted in amazing views but it was a little warm - and the windows in 22 room only opened 2 inches which made it hard to get fresh air circulating - some kind of safety measure perhaps?!?! The rooms were clean and contained nice furnishings and I found the bed reasonably comfortable, although the sheets are rough, they could use a higher thread count or less starch. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast, served daily from 7:30-10, was plentiful but slightly lackluster. There is a selection of juice, yogurt, a fruit salad to choose from buffet style; then eggs (and tomato, mushrooms, sausage, etc), coffee and tea to order at no additional cost. What I enjoyed most about breakfast was the beautiful room it was served in! In other words, you won't walk away hungry but you won't remember anything special about what you ate. There is a hotel bar open nightly until 11 pm, staffed by the receptionist, which was a nice place for the family to hang out with a glass of wine and card games after long days of walking. Overall, the hotel was great - it was more than I would normally pay for a two night excursion; but with the Fringe, needing two rooms in the same hotel, and desiring something within walking distance to the city center it served our purposes. Would I return? Depends on the non-Fringe room rates.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor have great views but less cool air.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed her for one night. Found it extremely clean and the girl at the desk extremely helpful. We got into our room early which was a bonus without even asking for it. The onyly down side is the bar is manned by the receptionist and you have to go out and ask for a drink which was not a problem for us. Very close to Princess Street and the views from our room were lovely

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple