“DISGUSTING facilities, messy tables, food on the floor . . .”

Starbucks Canongate
Ranked #115 of 192 Coffee & Tea in Edinburgh
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have to confess, I loathe these coffee chains - and this only added to my case. Early on a Saturday morning so had not been open for business long and all the above complaints. The museli and yoghurt were good, the croissant very disappointing. The latte acceptable. Won't allow myself to be talked into going inside another one for a long time.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

It is the same Starbucks as everywhere. Not special. Only it is in the center of the city and close to places to visit. After a long walk on the Royal Mile you can have your coffee if you like Starbucks' coffee.

1  Thank eumsrenan
Reviewed 23 September 2012

It is a typical Starbucks at the end of the Royal Mile down by Holyrood Palace. It has coffee, sandwiches, sweets, water, etc. It was convenient to our hotel and we went there every morning for coffee. Clean place and friendly staff.

1  Thank casalinda2000
Reviewed 31 July 2012

As Starbucks go it's ok. Could be a lot cleaner and drinks could be hotter. Staff very friendly and can point you in the direction of good eating places.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I start all my Starbucks reviews like this – the food and drink is all the same - that’s why I go there! As such, I will only mention the quality of the food and drink if it is unusually good or bad. Generally, my review will focus on the atmosphere, location, layout and staff quality.
This Starbucks is located down the hill from the Royal Mile, and is a blessing for foot-tired tourists like me! With high ceilings and large windows across the front, the store seems very bright. Even when the weather closes in outside, the store lighting maintains an atmosphere of warmth and brightness. So, a pretty good cafe! Recommended.