“Brunch”

Ranked #600 of 2,754 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Description: At the heart of Edinburgh's trendy Stockbridge, Hector's is an eclectic mix of upbeat city pub and warm, friendly village local. With big tables and an even bigger drinks list, it's the ideal destination for a laidback catch up with your mates. With weary feet from shopping or after a hectic day at work.
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Visited this place a few times, always great service and food. Staff very welcoming and it is dog friendly.Good selection of drinks at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We've popped into Hectors a couple of times recently, having walked up the Water of Leith to Stockbridge from where we live on The Shore, and it's been lovely both times. They've a great selection of beers you can't always find elsewhere, and the wine I had was delicious too.

We were pretty hungry after our walk so ordered a portion of chips and a portion of sweet potato fries between us - both arrived really quickly, were fresh and crispy, and were generously portioned.

We've no doubt we'll be back!

General Manager A, Manager at Hectors, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent visit & we hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

This place is the centre of Stockbridge, a chilled, fun, fabulous bar. The atmosphere is always great, it's a nice size with comfy seats. It's equally welcoming to locals and visitors, there's always fun to be had. Dog friendly too! Food is great, be it burger Weds, a delicious Sunday roast or just a cheeseboard I could eat for all three courses-it's all highly recommended. Special shout out to the staff who totally make this place and are the reason I'll keep going back, Townie, Ashton, Chris & all the team who go above and beyond to make every customer have a fabulous time. This place is one not to miss

General Manager A, Manager at Hectors, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for the fantastic review, we always love to hear what our guest thing, and it's especially nice to read such fantastic feedback on the team. We have a team meeting on Thursday & I'll be sure to pass your gratitude to the team.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a table for 4 here and had a very good meal in a very friendly atmosphere, we had mains of chicken, sirloin , sausage and fish and all were very good and served by friendly waiting staff.
We also had one of each of the 4 desserts on the menu, all reasonably priced.
Well worth a visit , I’d certainly return.

General Manager A, Manager at Hectors, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Hi Bordermax,

Delighted to hear you enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere during your recent visit. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Tom & the Hectors Team

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I had Sunday brunch here after my friend told me that how amazing is this place. I was not overwhelmed be honest.
It looks cool. I mean the decor is amazing! It has got a good menu however the service wasn't the best. We were waiting to get attention and we got it after I went to the bar to pick up some menus. We ordered and after a very good while had to ask for our food. My friend had eggs florentine which had so much sauce on you could not see the food. My scrambled egg was far too rubbery and cold. That point we were far to hungry and just eat them. However I've been here before just for drinks and that was great. Maybe just this place had a day off. I certainly will give another chance in the future.

Hi Kat,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We always appreciate feedback regardless of whether it's good or bad. Our brunch is usually very popular and not quite like you have described, so I'm not quite sure what's gone wrong on this occasion. However, I'd love to take the opportunity to invite you and a friend back for brunch on us to prove that this was a one off and that the quality of our breakfasts is usually very good. Please drop me an email to enquiry@hectorsstockbridge.co.uk to arrange this.

Regards