“My local”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“My local”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's just around the corner from me. It's hit and miss. Sometimes it's great with live music and a great mix of people. Other times it's full of pretentious morons. The food is good pub grub at a reasonable price. However, the beer is sometimes a little too pricey. All in all it's worth a visit.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great veggie pub grub”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I'm not a veggie but my boyfriend is so it's great to see a bar doing an extensive vegetarian menu as well as traditional pub food. We waited a while for the food and there is no table service but this was all forgotten when our food arrived. I had the beef chilli and my boyfriend the veggie pizza with veggie sausage on it, both enormous portions, we had to be rolled out the door. Have been back again since!

• Visited October 2013
Perth
“Fab Pub Grub”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

When looking for a nearby laundromat, five friends cruised into this boutique pub and were really impressed with the beers and the food and the reasonable pricing. The staff were really nice, the couches and stools were really comfy and best of all the portions were generous and delicious. There is also a good choice of vegetarian food. On the menu there were cheese platters to share, nachos, pizzas, tacos, burgers sweet potato chips all really fresh and yum. We went back and I'm sure we would make it our local if we lived in Edinburgh.

Perth, Australia
“Very cool pub. Right by the laundromat. Great bartender.”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Loved it. Will make it my own if I was staying here!! Great food, pizza was delicious, bartender really knew his stuff and made us very welcome. Awesome place to hang out with friends!!

Ottawa, Canada
“Great pub, very veggie friendly!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were here twice on our recent stay in Leith, and it was a winner. Lunch was really, really good, with huge portions and a large vegetarian menu. My hubby had the (meat) burger with smoked applewood cheese which he said was one of the best burgers he's ever had, and I had the cheesy bean nachos (delicious, and huge serving despite being under the 'starters'). Everything is homemade right down to the salsa.
Lunch was great as we had most of the pub to ourselves, in the evening it's a different matter- packed to the gills (but still good).

Service was friendly and quick! The music was also very good.