Valvona & Crolla VinCaffe
Ranked #1,415 of 2,529 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: A concept wine bar and restaurant, the Valvona and Crolla Vincaff�� located next to Edinburgh���s St Andrew���s Square is a must-visit for any foodie in the vicinity. Founded in 1934, Valvona and Crolla has long been at the forefront of the gourmet food movement, a frontrunner in the specialty food market and the go to for a true taste of Italy. Here at the Valvona and Crolla Vincaff��, visitors are offered the opportunity to sample all of the best products on offer from the famed delicatessen and wine merchant in the comfort of a cosy but modern restaurant and bar on the first floor or down in the caff��, with its bustling Milan vibe and own piazza dining space. Quality ingredients are key to the Vincaff�� menu, which is full of Italian charm. Breads are made on site using V&C���s own imported high grade flours, wine all bears the notorious V&C seal of approval and is stored in the cutting edge Cruvinet system and olive oil is all of the brands own Fior���Fiore label.
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Terrible service still waiting for the food to arrive when I complained told that they were busy and short staffed at a busy period. Not my fault will not be back take a short walk to Neros and receive a hot coffee and a lesson in customer service.

Tracey_ValvonaCrolla, Operations Manager at Valvona & Crolla VinCaffe, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
I do apologise for your delay yesterday. We had experienced an unusually high volume of customers and this had an impact upon your experience. I hope that you will come back and try us again. Kind Regards, Tracey

UK
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here a few days ago and were very surprised to be the only diners in the upstairs restaurant.
However the meal we had was excellent, very tasty lamb dish followed by lovely desserts and coffees. Wine was a little on the pricy side but very nice.
Couldn't fault the service, the waitress was friendly and polite and didn't rush us in any way even though as we were leaving we realised they were going to close.
I hadn't looked at other reviews before we went and I'm glad I didn't as I may have been put off by them.
We enjoyed our evening and I would not hesitate to go back.

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us at Valvona & Crolla Ristorante. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Tracey
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What is going on”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We are very regular visitors to the various Valvona & Crolla cafés and are happy to pay a little bit more for a near Italian quality cappuccino . However VinCaffe is filthy ,the toilets need attending to,the menus are stained & torn and the staff have no interest in serving the customers who seem to be in the way of a good chat . Please sort yourselves out .

Visited June 2014
1 Thank RMD0131
Tracey_ValvonaCrolla, Operations Manager at Valvona & Crolla VinCaffe, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I have looked into these issues to make sure that this does not happen again. We now have a fantastic new menu in VinCaffe and I do hope that you will try us again in the future. Many Thanks, Tracey
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for a quick lunch outside. The paper menus were torn and stained. We ordered olives as a starter and were told they had run out which, for a deli in the centre of Edinburgh, is unforgivable. A table next door asked for cheesecake - none, ice cream - none. I couldn't believe it. Lunch service was still on. Will be a long time before I try here again.
Audrey Williamson
Burntisland

Dear Audrey, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that on this occasion we had ran out of items from the menu. I have addressed this with the team. We also have fantastic new menus and I do hope that you will try us again for a lunch in the sunshine.
Highland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Service poor. Long wait for simple order .. Coffees etc. Order arrived minus 1 coffee.
Said to forget it as young child now unsettled by long wait. Food and coffee good but
expensive. Will not visit again.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we take all customer comments very seroiusly and we will use this to ensure that we get our service spot on.