“Never ever let down by Fishers”

Fishers in the City
Ranked #139 of 2,598 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$27 - US$67
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: At Fishers in the City our ethos is simple; honest food, great service and a relaxed dining experience. Set in an old converted warehouse on Thistle Street, the contemporary surroundings offer the perfect venue for any occasion from a Hot Shellfish Platter to a bowl of mussels on the run. Daily specials, set lunch/ pre-theatre menu and our extensive wine list complement our fresh, seasonal menus.The a la carte menu is available all day, everyday, and of course our Fishers Favourites menu has our guests coming back time and time again. Open ALL day EVERY day.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were going to try The Living Room in George Street, just for a wee change. After 5 minutes of being ignored, enough was enough. Fisher's had a table for us at short notice. I really do not care for fish cakes, nor do I like salmon too much. But the fish cake starter of haddock and salmon is something else. Makes a fool of me as it is absolutely delicious. I keep promising myself to go for something different, but when I see the the Deluxe Fish and Chips on the menu, my resolve melts.
Beautiful fillet of haddock in a beer batter complimented with a skewer of prawns in the same batter. Hand cut chips and mint mushy peas make this simple dish something else. And endless bread and butter too. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. A lovely bottle of Prosecco and a few Innis and Gunn beers almost finished it off. But the Creme Brûlée did that very nicely.
Would be remiss of me not to mention the excellent and attentive service. But not overboard, they get it just right.
My wife Alana just had the standard fish and chips but she thoroughly enjoyed hers too. And she enjoyed some of my creme brûlée too. And I wouldn't grudge her that. Not much :-)
Seriously, give this place a try. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we did.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,402)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We always try to eat here when we are in Edinburgh and the manager kindly gave us a table that someone failed to turn up for-you need to book!
Had the lobster and scallops and didn't disappoint!
Not cheap but a treat.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was very sceptical about going to this restaurant as I don't like seafood! I needn't have worried my fillet steak was delightful and my fish eating husband was in heaven! The staff were very friendly, the atmosphere was great and it was so nice for a meal to last the whole evening, no rushing and lots of time between courses. We really liked Fishers.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Decided to go for the seafood platter. It arrived looking very theatrical causing other diners to stop eating and look! Piles of mussels, clams, razor clams, oysters, langoustines, crab and lobster. Absolute seafood heaven. Service friendly and efficient. A lovely restaurant.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My first visit was on a very warm summer evening -not something that we are used to in Edinburgh.

The food was first class for starter and main course-was slightly disappointed with the desserts however. Service was acceptable but new member of staff was very nervous and it showed.

However it was a comfortable environment on an exceptionally warm night.