“Quite average lunch”

The Turnhouse Bar
Ranked #1,664 of 2,505 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Family-friendly pub, located in the food court on the first floor, before Security in Edinburgh Airport. We offer a wide selection of Ales, lagers, spirits and wines. We also have an extensive range of soft drinks. We run our breakfast menu until 12pm and our food menu from 4.30am - 8.30pm. Why not pop in and see us next time you are flying out of Edinburgh Airport.
“Quite average lunch”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Had a quick bite with my young lad and my nephew whilst dropping them off at the airport recently. It was quick and that's probably the most important thing. Only small complaints the food tasted pretty bland despite the excellent choice. Also, as with most places, £10 for 3 cokes from the optic seemed a bit harsh. Especially when my son (a waiter elsewhere) had to tell the guy how to work the scoosher!! Average all round. Worse still cost £8 to park for the pleasure!!

• Visited July 2013

Hawick, United Kingdom
“Like most reviewers, I found it on the dear side”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

The Turnhouse Bar is a Weatherspoons, situated within Edinburgh airport. You will find it on the same level as the departure gates but at the far away end. Tables are kept pretty clean and the staff have a good attitude when it comes to customer service. When we visited the meals were served quickly and it was reasonable quality. It was no surprise that the prices were so much more than the average Wetherspoons due to the captive clientele within the airport

Visited June 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Busy Bar”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Was giving someone a lift to the airport and popped in for a drink got served quickly and was a steady stream of people at the bar . Being the only bar it was pricey for alcohol and food . Would visit again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gb67
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Dear”
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Serves a purpose as a place to get some food pre flight, great bar staff, but extremely dear. £37 for a breakfast for 5 of us, 2 kids portions in that as well which were 2 quid cheaper but the same as the adults version and one of them arrived without the potato rosti. Having sampled it that was perhaps a blessing

• Visited May 2013
Lanarkshire
“Excellent pit stop”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Although this is part of a franchise and in an airport, to boot, service and food stand out. Staff are very helpful, although at times they mess up orders. However, they always bring you your orders with a smile and have attentive waiting. Food is consistently tasty and good. I use this joint on a regular basis any time I travel out of Edinburgh Airport, and I am very please with their standards. Over my visits, I have tried mains, breakfast and snacks and I am pleased to report that they never let me down. In fact, once the waitress cocked up the order and I ended up with a pasta main I would never have ordered myself, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was delicious. Well done guys! You deliver spot on!

• Visited November 2011