“Traditional pub grub - but quality!”
Review of Stable Bar

Stable Bar
Ranked #512 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Scotland
“Traditional pub grub - but quality!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My partner took me on Saturday as he had not been for years. It had a big roaring fire, whcih iwas very welcoming. The menu was very traditional, and the staff are so very very friendly. I had mince n tatties, which was just as I like it, no frills just good traditional grub. Fish and chips was excellent too. I would definitely return.

• Visited April 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Roaring Fire, Excellent Service, Cosy, New Local”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This place has been hidden away behind the forest near my house since I was born. Just gutted I didn't discover it before! Just what's needed after a walk around South Edinburgh. Myself and my friends have decided it is now our regular meeting place. Whenever we are all back in Edinburgh, it is a no-brainer where we go.

It has a great homely feel, the food is excellent, good choice of ales and all at a reasonable price!

• Visited December 2013
Dumbarton, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great at The Gate”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

One of the reasons we regularly return to Mortonhall Caravan Park is the excellent restaurant at Mortonhall Gate. A welcome from Forbes Crawford and the rest of his friendly staff is always provided as you enter into this establishment. A huge log fire heats up the whole dining area in the winter months while an enclosed courtyard has tables for drinks etc for those preferring to enjoy the ambiance outside. A very extensive menu and daily specials are able to satisfy even the most discerning tastes. Good selection of wines, spirits and beers served up by amicable staff. Well behaved dogs are welcome and the overflow dining area can cater for quite a large number of people. We will definitely continue to use this outstanding place.

• Visited March 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wow time warp!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

What potential this place has, beautiful grounds and an amazing old stable for the pub, had steak pie which was lovely but frozen veg? Come on now thats not acceptable in this day and age! Menu was straight out of the 70's, Almost a retro pub!

• Visited January 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A Pub Favourite”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I love the Stable Bar! It's perfect for a cosy pint and food after a long walk. Muddy boots and dogs are welcome. The comfy surroundings and chatty staff make for a great atmosphere. The menu is good value and exactly what you expect. There's always good ales on. It's a busy place so I would book if I was going as group, or at peak times.

I strongly disagree with the negative reviews they've had. I'm a frequent visitor to the Stable Bar and it's great every time.

Watch out for spiders though! ;)

• Visited January 2014