“bad service”

Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

waitress was rude and unhelpful. took ages to take our order. 2 more groups came in after us and they all got their food before us. shocking. took over an hour for soggy tasteless fish and chips and roast dinner with 2 soft drinks over £22- wish we left when we threaten to.

7  Thank lf194

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have enjoyed visiting twice in recent weeks. The food is great, timely ang great portions for the price. The outside courtyard is fantastic on a warm day. All of the staff I have interacted with are fantastic. I hope to return for a great many years to come!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Staying at Mortonhall Caravan Park for the first time and decided to visit the stable bar. Went into the bar and all of the empty tables had a reserved sign on them which is fair enough on Friday evening. Waited for a table to become vacant and sat down. Was told 10 minutes later in a not very nice manner "that seats reserved". I asked where the sign was and was told they have just left, again her tone was dreadful. There just happened to be another empty seat at that point which my husband and I took. I went to the bar to try and order food and was told someone would come and take my order. We sat for another 5 minutes and the bar man came over and told us we had to vacate the table by 8.30 which was 60 minutes later. By this point we had already been hanging about for 15 minutes. We waited another 15 minutes and my husband asked the waitress if we could place an order. We were told 2 people in front of you. We had already been told we had to vacate the table by a certain time and considering the length of time we had already waited we decided to leave. Never to return. Bad service like this should never be tolerated. And sums up Edinburgh hospitality

7  Thank mindyScotland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Having been to stable bar twice now I have loved both experiences. After a lovely jaunt through the woods one is greeted by a welcoming courtyard and a small homely door. Through the door is a lovely bar with great food, a great selection of drinks and an enormous open fire. I will certainly be coming back

1  Thank Pandrewski
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Visited this restaurant for the one night, and would definitely say the dinner we had was delicious, however the service could have been much better, the barman was very friendly however the waiter who i asked for a straw for my child, said he would get it, but never got it for us, my hubby had to go to bar, when we arrived we waited for someone to take our drinks orders, ridiculous the time we waited... and then we waited soo long for our food!! if you are visiting this restaurant make sure you have plenty time on your hands!!!!