“Pre theatre meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Family Restaurant Fully Licenced And BYOB
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The greeting and service are friendly and excellent. The choice of the pre theatre menu, available up to 1930, was quite extensive. The portions were more than adequate and very tasty. You can bring your own wine and no corkage is charged. We were very pleased with our meals.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

As a Welshman, living in the Midlands, Nepalese food is not something with which I am very familiar - the curry houses around Birmingham are predominantly run people originally from Bangladesh.
As a result, maybe I was expecting something slightly more exotic. Having said that, however, the food was of a very high standard and the staff were friendly and helpful, without being intrusive.
Recommended.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant three times and would thoroughly recommend a visit. The food is the best I have tasted in Edinburgh. It's just a pity it is not that busy. We are certainly going back with our friends and family. I just feel with the quality of food on offer it should be really busy. There's must be some way of marketing this restaurant. I believe it is a family business with a female chef who is doing a great job.

manish m, Manager at The Everest Nepalese & Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. we are really glad you like our food. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Well This Is My Second Time Here And Well It Was Excellent And I Mean It Myself And My Brother Were In Last Night (11/04/14) As It Was My Birthday And I Had Poppadums With The Accompiaments To Share With My Brother With Chicken Pakora And Lamb And Chicken And A Chapati Also With A Chicken Pasanda And A Everest Chicken With Plain Nan For Main Course Along With A Fantastica For A Dessert And Nepali Tea With 2 Mango Lasai And 2 Pints Of Cobra All For £60 Was All Worth It I Mean It The Food Was Awesome I Mean It 200% The Staff Were Excellent Polite,Curteous And Professional Nothing Was A Fault Or Too Much To Them They Were Always On Call And The Service And Presentation Was 100% So I Definately Recommend This Restaurant.

Thank you for writing a great feedback. we are delighted to hear you like our food and service. Hope you had a great birthday here at Everest. Hope to see you soon. Thank You

Reviewed 7 April 2014

About 12 of us recently had lunch at the Everest and we all enjoyed it. We had varying courses which may have explained why the service was a little slow.