Frankfurter Eck
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Unique german cuisine in Edinburgh.
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Visited recently with my husband. Good number of choices on the menu, lots of interesting dishes I'd not tried before. Went for the jäger schnitzel which was delicious. Service was excellent and it's great its BYO. I would recommend anyone to visit this place for unique food in a friendly setting

2  Thank brohod

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Small intimate German restaurant on Leith Walk - limited vegetarian options, however i had cheesy pasta and salad, K had pancake with vegetables. They were both lovely, the salad had a wonderful dressing.
The puds were absolutely brilliant. I had pancake with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, which was presented with a spun sugar "cover". K had a berry compote.
This is a BYOB place which keeps the cost right down.
Would strongly recommend trying this place out - miss out at your peril!

2  Thank Susanleven
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Went for dinner with a group of 9 friends to celebrate. I had been recommended the restaurant under the premise that it was a very small genuine german restaurant not pretending to be anything else.

Originally slightly deterred by having to pre book our order, but I suspected this was because we where a large group. And in actual fact I found it quite endearing contacting my friends and getting the order out of them.

The night came and it was perfect. The lady running the restaurant looked after us and she couldn't have been better. The food was amazing, and not to stodgy considering german cuisine. Will be back cannot recommend more.

It is BYOD and there are number of off licenses near by as well as a majestic wine and odd bins on leith walk .

3  Thank bsnbs
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

My partner and I could not recommend this place highly enough the food was outstanding beautifully cooked. The staff (of which there are only two) are absolutely fantastic so gracious and very welcoming. The atmosphere is cozy and homely. The chef came out to speak to all of the customers. He and his wife do an amazing job by the look of things. This was an absolute gem of a place.

3  Thank Elle S
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Frankfurter Eck is a tiny German restaurant on Leith Walk. The large helpings of really good, freshly cooked food come as a surprise given the very reasonable prices. On our visit, the waitress and the chef were both exceptionally friendly, making sure that we had everything we needed. Meeting the chef is always a pleasure and it was great having the opportunity to congratulate him personally on the quality of his cooking.

There is no licence so you bring your own alcohol. If you forget, there are off licence shops nearby!

We visited on a Sunday and had the amazing vegetarian brunch. Fruit juice, salad, stuffed courgettes, ratatouille, wonderful dumplings, mushroom ragout and a beautifully prepared fruit salad to follow. We sat down at 1.30 and, surprise, surprise, no need to eat again that day!

Highly recommended by us!

2  Thank JJfromtheEast