“bad decor but would revisit for the food and service”
Review of Frankfurter Eck - CLOSED

Frankfurter Eck
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Unique german cuisine in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“bad decor but would revisit for the food and service”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Very tasty plate of food, a regional schnitzel and a great potato side with herbs and sauerkraut.
My date had a mixed sausage dish, (keep it clean people), like a risotto but with potato noodles. I finished mine with ease... totally comforting, cook at home type flavours although perhaps the sausage contains some MSG. My date couldn't finish but I ate hers too, tasty again, although the texture of the noodles reminded me of an overly lumpy rice pudding, kind of a starchy squidgyness. Not a great choice of soft drinks, and the decor isn't up to scratch but the waitress more than makes up for it with her completely affable demeanour. The chef came out at the end of our meal, nice big smile and very enthusiastic. I vote a 4 because the staff are lovely and work hard.

• Visited October 2012

Edinburgh
“Very friendly staff and delicious food”
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Visited recently with my husband. Good number of choices on the menu, lots of interesting dishes I'd not tried before. Went for the jäger schnitzel which was delicious. Service was excellent and it's great its BYO. I would recommend anyone to visit this place for unique food in a friendly setting

2 Thank brohod
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Awesome Puds”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Small intimate German restaurant on Leith Walk - limited vegetarian options, however i had cheesy pasta and salad, K had pancake with vegetables. They were both lovely, the salad had a wonderful dressing.
The puds were absolutely brilliant. I had pancake with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce, which was presented with a spun sugar "cover". K had a berry compote.
This is a BYOB place which keeps the cost right down.
Would strongly recommend trying this place out - miss out at your peril!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Susanleven
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Everything I wanted and expected”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Went for dinner with a group of 9 friends to celebrate. I had been recommended the restaurant under the premise that it was a very small genuine german restaurant not pretending to be anything else.

Originally slightly deterred by having to pre book our order, but I suspected this was because we where a large group. And in actual fact I found it quite endearing contacting my friends and getting the order out of them.

The night came and it was perfect. The lady running the restaurant looked after us and she couldn't have been better. The food was amazing, and not to stodgy considering german cuisine. Will be back cannot recommend more.

It is BYOD and there are number of off licenses near by as well as a majestic wine and odd bins on leith walk .

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank bsnbs
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic experience”
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

My partner and I could not recommend this place highly enough the food was outstanding beautifully cooked. The staff (of which there are only two) are absolutely fantastic so gracious and very welcoming. The atmosphere is cozy and homely. The chef came out to speak to all of the customers. He and his wife do an amazing job by the look of things. This was an absolute gem of a place.

3 Thank Elle S