“Chilli Con Carne ?”

Ranked #1,118 of 2,598 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A welcoming local pub situated in the heart of Morningside. Our friendly staff will serve up a varied selection of the best Scottish craft beers, or if you're not a beer person, maybe one of our mouth-watering cocktails, or something from our extensive spirit and whisky gantry. Between 11.30 am and 9.00 pm, we also serve up an extensive and reasonably priced menu of delicious home-made food, which includes our much loved burgers and sizzling fajitas; and if you're out and about early on (or need some help recovering from the night before...), we serve a hearty Scottish breakfast until 1pm (3pm weekends), and fresh coffee all day. Sports fan? The Waiting Room is the place to be for all sporting events. With 5 large TVs and a 6-foot big screen, we show all major football, rugby, golf and tennis tournaments, and our staff are always willing to accommodate requests when possible (we can have up to three different things on at one time). We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Went here with work. Ordered the Chilli Con Carne honestly my dogs food would surely have more taste than the rubbish that was served. As for amount on the plate I don't know if it was God's saving that k did not have that much on my plate of the rubbish served. Word of advice send your Chef too Snax At the meadows now they know how go make Chilli

2  Thank likedvery much

Reviewed 11 September 2013

They have a great choice of beers and other drinks (particularly Gins). Decided to eat on a whim one Friday night and we were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, we had fajitas and stir-fried teriyaki chicken - both were excellent. Food and drink are very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Good value for money menu with plenty of choices for food and drink and also an excellent full Scottish breakfast

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I went to The Waiting Room with some friends this one Sunday morning after spending the previous everning in the festival drinking and dancing. I was starving. The Morning Glory did not have a lot for a vegeterial so we went to the Waiting Room. It was good. Nothing special as I was looking at the burgers that my friends ordered. My food was very nice. I had a burito. It was nicely presented and arrived promply. The bar looks really good, the staff is nice. Not too bad at all.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Excellent evening at The Waiting Room. A great atmosphere with fantastic cocktails and service. a lovely barman Thomas served us great French Martinis throughout the night.I would give this bar my highest reccomendation.