“Amazing Lunch”

Ranked #516 of 2,700 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Broughton & Calton
Description: Scotland's first Indian restaurant opened in 1947.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great place for a good value lunch £12.95
Menu, As well as normal full menu. Lunch portion are more than adequate & quality of dishes is very good.Had Alo chat and chicken jalfrazi which was amazing. Staff are attentive & helpful.

3  Thank haither55
Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Not at all impressed and can’t see why it’s so busy. A pack ‘em in and clear ‘em out approach here. Noisy restaurant and service that wasn’t particularly interested in anything other than getting food out and moving us on. Rice, garlic bread and poppadoms no better than supermarket sold. Cheap cuts of chicken in my Goan curry didn’t impress either. Wish we’d stuck with one of the longer established restaurants at the top of the road.

3  Thank scotsguy31
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sunday evening visit - I’m afraid the service was nothing short of terrible. It’s a byob place - we waited 25 minutes for glasses having asked two staff for them. The salad was repulsive - check the pics. The noise as staff clattered down plates and cutlery suggests an unhappy staff; tossing down serviettes in the middle of the table. The food was OK - perhaps it was better, but its quality was coloured by the experience. Shan’t be visiting again.

7  Thank PaulusibtheBurg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been to Khushi's Antigua Street a few times now, and it has never disappointed.

This time we took my grandmother who was visiting from Windsor, we all had a great meal.

The service provided was almost flawless, tasty food and a keen price.

I have no issue recommending this restaurant.

3  Thank Ragtag123
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing food. Friendly service. A pity I came for so short time but If I'll be back to Edinburgh no doubt I'll come here agai .

3  Thank Fernando C