We decided, as a last minute treat, to go to Edinburgh for new year. We knew all the hotels would be more expensive than normal and after extensive research chose the Crown Plaza on Royal Terrace.
On arrival we were directed to our two rooms and the keys didn't work - a good start!! The keys were changed but didn't work on a further two occasions!
To say the rooms were small is an understatement. The floor had not been vacuumed properly as there was still rubbish visable. The bathroom was so small you could shower, visit the toilet and clean your teeth all at the same time!! For £289 per night per room they were dreadful.
One of the rooms was freezing cold - not what you want in Edinburgh in December/January! After complaining 3 times we eventually got a freestanding heater in the room.
Would definitely not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Edinburgh’s city centre is the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh – Royal Terrace with stunning views towards the Firth of Forth. The hotel is part of an impressive terrace of prestigious Georgian townhouses with many of the original features.We have recently undergone a refurbishment of our property and rebranded as Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace (previously known as Royal Terrace Hotel part of Prima Hotels) on the 15th August 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Terrace Edinburgh
- Hotel Royal Terrace
- Royal Terrace Hotel Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace Scotland