“Really lovely place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace
Ranked #104 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
“Really lovely place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

myself and my Husband and our two Friends stayed in the hotel for Valentines weekend from the moment we got there I was very well impressed the staff were lovely the food was really nice.Breakfast was very nice we loved your pillow spray it really does work.On going into our room on the 3rd floor it was really nice but very small our friends got a very big room so my husband just asked could it be changed that was not a problem at all the manger even took him to the other room to see if we were happy and gave us a glass of champane too.The club lounge is a really nice touch its nice place to chill out you can even have your breakfast there.Thanks for making my weekend such a enjoyable one I will be looking forward to coming back and I will tell all my friends and family going to Scotland to stay in your lovely hotel. x

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank serenamunden
Royalterrace, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Serena
I am really pleased to hear that you and your friends all had such an enjoyable stay in our lovely hotel. We always aim to please and to offer a seamless service which has shone through our Manager on Duty arranging your change of room. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the added touch he provided.
Our club lounge is certainly a lovely feature of the hotel and glad you found some time to enjoy this during your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future, or some of your friends and family following your recommendation.
Lucja Leonard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Turkish first
Durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 3 times in late 2013 on business. Very good location for the centre of Edinburgh and plenty of on street parking ( traffic wardens are very keen - we got a ticket before 8.45am ). The staff were all helpful, moving us after we mentioned the extraction noise in our room and always being friendly and courteous. The food was always nice and we could not understand why the restaurant was quiet although it was Monday. Looking forward to going back

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gussygeese
Royalterrace, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Gussygeese
Great to hear you keep coming back, and thanks to the team for looking after you so well.
Thank you for a great review, really great to hear your comments on the food, our Chefs do a great job, and I don't know why people don't stay in. I suppose they feel they are in Edinburgh and need to eat at some of the fabulous restaurants in the city, but our food is superb, so they could definitely stay in!
I look forward to your next visit.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I happened to be in Edinburgh for just one night on business and made a last minute booking to stay at the Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace after sorting "the more important things" like meetings, agendas and travel etc.

In my job I travel with reasonable frequency and almost invariably get a “feel” for a hotel as soon as I walk in. Without exception this is generated by the people and complimented by the surroundings. My visit found both in exceptionally high order. Starting with a great friendly greeting from Esther at check in, through Anita, Graham, Rory and Ewa in the restaurant, all contributed seamlessly to making me feel at home in a very personal and professional manner.

The following day I met two senior industry colleagues on business and we enjoyed the relaxed yet discreet seating area in reception. Over coffee with good quality books available to browse one advised me that he had never even considered looking here for a hotel but would certainly do so in the future. Checking out with Lisa was bubbly and fun.

You should be very proud of your hotel and of your staff. I will tell others of my excellent stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear JohnB
A hidden treasure! I love your description. We are indeed a hidden treasure, not that we want to be hidden, we want everyone to know how fantastic our hotel is. Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well. Thank you for taking the time to note their names as well, I will be sure to pass this feedback onto them with thanks.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

My mum and I stayed at the crowne plaza for a weekend city break, and what a wonderful stay we had. Beautifully located just 5 minutes from the city centre. Every member of staff without exception was friendly and attentive. Our room was fantastic, huge and with two of the comfiest double beds we've ever slept in! Breakfast was delicious with plenty to choose from. Would return to this lovely hotel in a heartbeat!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Royalterrace, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Katwina
Sounds like you and your mum had a great stay with us. So glad that my team looked after you so well and you really appreciated our location and unique hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you would be visiting Edinburgh.
Lanark, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Myself, sister, mum and aunt decided to have a Christmas Shopping weekend in Edinburgh and were able to book this hotel last minute for what we thought was a good price. When we arrived reception staff were lovely and helpful. Our rooms were freezing and we all resorted to sleeping with our dressing gowns on after asking a member of staff numerous times to turn up the heat in our rooms. We also found empty miniature shampoo bottles in our shower and hair all over the bathroom. But the worst was yet to come, on the morning of departure we packed and vacated our rooms quickly as we had a long day planned ahead of us. As soon as i got home i realised i had left my coat (which was a very expensive sentimental gift) in the wardrobe of the hotel. I called straight away explained what had happened and was told they would check the room and get back to me. They called hours later to say the nothing was found in the room and told me there was nothing else they could do for me. I was very upset and asked if the manager could call me back. I waited almost 24 hours and still had no phone call and when i called the hotel and asked to be put through the "duty manager" took my call was very abrupt and in my opinion tried to make me out to be a liar. I then told the "duty manager" that if he couldn't help me i had no choice but to call the police(something i really didn't want to have to do), he then became more helpful and told me he would look into it. 2 days later another manager called this time a women who at first was very polite and alot more helpful than the gentleman but again told me there was nothing more she could do and said that she trusts her staff and doesn't believe any of them would have stolen or misplaced my coat, i asked if she had a record of who had been in my room after i left and she explained only one person (housekeeper) had entered my room. I 100% left my coat in the wardrobe of this hotel and have 3 witnesses that saw me hanging my coat in the wardrobe on the Saturday evening and leaving without it on the Sunday morning if the coat wasn't so sentimental i wouldn't have taken action but i expressed my feelings to both managers both of which couldn't have been more dismissive if they tried. This was now 2 months ago and still i have no coat and no answers !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Laura M
Dear Laura
I was one the Manager that spoke with you after my Duty Manager had been in contact with you to advise that there was not a coat left in your room. As advised, we investigated the situation fully as there was only one housekeeper that had entry to your room (via lock read) and she was fully investigated. This is the first time we have ever had any such accusations, and I do trust my team. As suggested to you if you wished, you could contact the police to investigate further, and we would of course assist them fully in any enquiries, of which to date I have not received any contact from the police so assuming you have not taken this line of enquiry. This matter is closed at our end unless you decide to pursue this with the police, hence why there is no further contact from us.
I can fully empathise with you about losing your coat, I have had this happen myself, and whilst it is very frustrating and disappointing, I feel it is very unfair for this accusation to be directed at the hotel staff. We have a very high number of lost property items, many of which are never claimed as people just don't recall where they have left items, and our team take full account of these items and keep them safe.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I simply do not have a bad word about this place! The hotel is well kept, rooms fresh, beds super comfy, the staff superb and the free parking they provide is a huge plus.
The reception staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, and I must give a very special thanks to Miss. Lis Andersson for making our visit to Edinburgh such a success.

Area wise, while in Edinburgh, try to make time to visit the Science museum "Our Dynamic Earth", its the most fun I've ever had in a museum! Also, since you are in Scotland, try to squeeze in your schedule a few castles. This hotel has the perfect relaxing atmosphere but are happy to guide you anywhere you wish to go explore. Most of the must-sees are around the corner anyway.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Royalterrace, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Ted
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to read all your positive comments, especially about our team and Lisa in particular. She is a fantastic asset to the team.
I hope you can come back and visit us some time in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Spent two nights at the Crowne Plaza, Royal Terrace Edinburgh. Super hotel, very near the Playhouse Theatre. Hotel rooms quite small but all we needed for a couple of nights, breakfast was good. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandra
Glad you had a great time over your weekend with us and that the team looked after you so well.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.